Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Heartfelt Plea To Our Wonderful Team

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If the 'similar position' is still being unbeaten, I don't think I'd be bothered about the result! It wouldn't matter much, would it?

Was thinking more of there only being a few points in it, but you make a good point :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I love you, I really do! But please would you put these games to bed before the 80th minute. All these one goal margin victories that leave us squirming in the final minutes are playing absolute havoc with my underpants.

Every game is going to be a close run thing. Live with it. This squad is not going to run away with promotion, it's just not a squad of world-beaters. Big on team spirit for sure, with a solid if vulnerable defence and a respectable number of players chipping in with crucial goals, unlike last season's wretched efforts. But It's going to come down to nicking points all the way to the wire. Other teams want it just as much as us, and maybe it's a weakened league for whatever reason, but any half-decent attack would drive a coach and horses through our always-backing-off defence. Sorry, we're doing OK, but we're really not THAT good. Hopefully it'll be enough to get us over the line. Fingers crossed eh? We live in interesting times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every game is going to be a close run thing. Live with it. This squad is not going to run away with promotion, it's just not a squad of world-beaters. Big on team spirit for sure, with a solid if vulnerable defence and a respectable number of players chipping in with crucial goals, unlike last season's wretched efforts. But It's going to come down to nicking points all the way to the wire. Other teams want it just as much as us, and maybe it's a weakened league for whatever reason, but any half-decent attack would drive a coach and horses through our always-backing-off defence. Sorry, we're doing OK, but we're really not THAT good. Hopefully it'll be enough to get us over the line. Fingers crossed eh? We live in interesting times.
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] will provide the figures I'm sure, but we have only ever been BEHIND in a game for a matter of minutes overall.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] will provide the figures I'm sure, but we have only ever been BEHIND in a game for a matter of minutes overall.
We've been behind for 69 minutes 36 against Bristol City and 33 against Cardiff. Yet to be behind away from home

I take the time listed on the OfficialBHAFC twitter feed, which gives it as 37mins v Bristol (+2mins injury time in the first half for a total of 39). 33 for Cardiff.

We were also behind for the final four minutes v Walsall (plus 5min injury time), but that was a cup game with our reserves, so I don't know if people want to include that or not.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
any half-decent attack would drive a coach and horses through our always-backing-off defence.

Half -decent ? Not even decent ?
Are you really saying there's been no half decent attacks amongst the 18 clubs we've played so far ?

this includes so far the likes of Jordan Rhodes, Darryl Murphy, Andre Grey, Ross McCormack, Nick Blackman, and Daryl Murphy. Hardly slouches. But not enough to get the coach or indeed the horses out for "not THAT good" Albion.

PS: talking of that backing off defence i read this this morning
"in Lewis Dunk and captain Gordon Greer they have the best centre-back pairing in this competitive division."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/28/brighton-birmingham-championship-match-report

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I take the time listed on the OfficialBHAFC twitter feed, which gives it as 37mins v Bristol (+2mins injury time in the first half for a total of 39). 33 for Cardiff.

We were also behind for the final four minutes v Walsall (plus 5min injury time), but that was a cup game with our reserves, so I don't know if people want to include that or not.

Thank you. It's not like we're scrabbling around for points.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Half -decent ? Not even decent ?
Are you really saying there's been no half decent attacks amongst the 18 clubs we've played so far ?

this includes so far the likes of Jordan Rhodes, Darryl Murphy, Andre Grey, Ross McCormack, Nick Blackman, and Daryl Murphy. Hardly slouches. But not enough to get the coach or indeed the horses out for "not THAT good" Albion.

PS: talking of that backing off defence i read this this morning
"in Lewis Dunk and captain Gordon Greer they have the best centre-back pairing in this competitive division."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/28/brighton-birmingham-championship-match-report
Good report that from the Guardian - none of the 'how did they win that?' stuff like the editing on Channel 5 seemed to suggest!

Two items of 'luck' that didn't go our way, and typical of the reason why we only won by one goal again - Stockdale beats away a powerful shot from a Birmingham player - it bounces straight on to the head of another Birmingham player and back into the goal; Wilson hits the post, and the ball bounces back - straight into the arms of the Birmingham GK who is on the floor and in no position to move in a hurry. Reverse those two and it's a comfortable 3-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here