Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walsall Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I asked but nobody seemed to have an answer what would it cost to cancel his contract? I am sure that if the cards were laid on the table that he will not play for us again he would negoiate a pay off if he wants to play football.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we are going to make a challenge for the play-offs then three points at places like Walsall is a must. What Hughton was thinking about with his team selection I don't know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I asked but nobody seemed to have an answer what would it cost to cancel his contract? I am sure that if the cards were laid on the table that he will not play for us again he would negoiate a pay off if he wants to play football.

2 years wages to cancel his contract.

It's alleged he is a high earner. If we guess at 15K per week, that is around 1.5 million pounds.

Or we can be patient and try and save some of that by offloading him in the next 7 days, or the 3 transfer windows he is contracted for.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

It's alleged he is a high earner. If we guess at 15K per week, that is around 1.5 million pounds.

Or we can be patient and try and save some of that by offloading him in the next 7 days, or the 3 transfer windows he is contracted for.

Now we can add the loss of revenue from the Chelsea match we would have had...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chelsea would have been an earner for us. Oh well.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good luck To Walsall with that draw. Not fussed myself. Would have been gutted if we drew Man U at home though

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hindsight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I wouldnt think that TB would offer 2 years wages as a lump sum probably 50%. He would possibly take that then sign for another a club at a lower wage to make up the losses but still be playing football and possibly up north.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I didn't expect us to win, and expected some resting of players, but 10? Don't we want that money spinning prem side in the next round?

Should we?

Compare our starting 11 v last season's

Maenpaa </= Stockdale (I think the jury is out, but it seems on two games he isn't as strong
Calderon - Calderon
Dunk < Dunk (dunk last year had form and momentum, dunk today has been out for a couple of weeks and has been dealing with a circus)
Rea < Greer (Greer is an international with experience, Rea was making his second full team start)
Rosenior >/= Bennett (On paper, Rosenior should be better than Bennett, but not sure he has shown it with us so far, this is the one possible position we're stronger)
March = March
JFC = JFC
Ince = Ince
Murphy >/=/< Lualua (Jury still out)
Holla = Holla
O'Grady = O'Grady

That is our depth, that is the team we started - that is a weakened version of the team that just avoided relegation last year. Any team struggling at the bottom end of the Championship is not a team that "should" be beating a top on form League One side. They are the sort of team top League One sides look at as beatable.

Too often in these circumstances (see also: "They had to play mid week, we've had seven days to recover") it doesn't benefit us at all.

And if he missed? It would have been so obvious. The keeper would have known he was going to that side because he did it last time/he wouldn't hit it in the same place both times (*Delete as appropriate). If O'Grady had scored, as he did the last penalty he took for us, no one would question the idea of different penalty takers.

I agree entirely but surely it is possible to put out a side capable of winning a tie against lower league opposition whilst resting half of the normal first team squad. To field only 1, 2 or 3 is surely taking the p--- , not to mention perhaps insulting to opposition whose fans perhaps would wish to have paid to see a decent side (if not our 'normal' first team starting squad)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chelsea would've only distracted us from the league anyway :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here