Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walsall Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Proud that the game started with 4 home grown players + Ince despite the result.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe COG will put his hand in his pocket and reimburse this lot their tickets

CNRrXotXAAAVk7R.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Walsall v Palace in the next round. Nailed on.

And if so, I'll be delighted we lost.

Same :lol:

10 changes - wasn't really an important fixture for us. Let's concentrate on the league...!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Not fussed about losing. It's a mickey mouse competition anyway. Let's concentrate on the important stuff, the league.

Is it though.

We have only won one cup in our history. (not talking about winning lower leagues) That was the Charity Shield in 1910!!!!!

Lots of lower league clubs have one this cup and as said now gets the winner into Europa Cup.

I hate losing in any cup competition.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sigh. So obvious, really.

It really depends to what extent the manager ( perhaps with the agreement of the board ) wish to go for it in the League Cup.

If the club had wanted to pursue interest in this competition, I suppose it is down to the manager to have selected a team to do so but by NOT selecting any more than one or two league starters does not, to my mind, demonstrate intent or perhaps it demonstrates naivety on the part of the manager bringing on subs when basically the horse has bolted !

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Same :lol:

10 changes - wasn't really an important fixture for us. Let's concentrate on the league...!

It was important for Hughton to realise that Chris O'Grady should never wear a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt ever again! Its not just this game he is a very poor player at Championship level

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
One goal from open play in 38 appearances, can't run, can't finish, can't take penalties, but he seems a nice enough chap.

The Burke legacy lives on :ffsparr: Please PLEASE some little noddy Northern League 1/2 team take him back to where he belongs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More a case of if I were Warren I'd keep out of COG's way tonight.

His brother & wife randomly tweeted [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] & myself - they weren't happy!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not really concerned that we lost tonight, though a confidence building win would have been nice. But I am getting concerned that we can't seem to push our advantages. I hope we aren't getting stuck in a system that automatically kicks into self preservation once we score, in the naive belief that one goal will always be enough. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here