Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club letter to the Bournemouth Harvesters...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who's still waiting for the following letter

Thank you for attending both recent games against Bournemouth. We really value your support and as you have not abused the system here's a drink voucher for the next home game.

Maybe rewarding rather than a beating is a better way to go

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can someone explain to mr thicky Mcthick please.

I have 196 STH points
I have 273 membership points

I take it the chances of getting any away tickets based on that are as rare as rockinghorse shite?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I have 196 STH points

I take it the chances of getting any away tickets based on that are as rare as rockinghorse shite?

Ignore the membership points, they are only of any relevance if you don't have a ST

....and yes, pretty much based on experience so far. Will be a few games that may get to that tier (Burnely, Hudds perhaps ?) but as an example the Man U tier 4 level is 198 but wouldn't expect any to be left past tier 2. Of course, by then the point levels will be much higher too.

All explained here :

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ignore the membership points, they are only of any relevance if you don't have a ST

....and yes, pretty much based on experience so far. Will be a few games that may get to that tier (Burnely, Hudds perhaps ?) but as an example the Man U tier 4 level is 198 but wouldn't expect any to be left past tier 2. Of course, by then the point levels will be much higher too.

All explained here :

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

Ok thanks mate

papa_stew

Sep 22, 2007
Ok thanks mate

Quick question please: does that mean that those who are generally outside of the top 2 tiers will fall further back as the season continues and will have next to no opportunity to build any loyalty points this season? This is on the assumption that the tier levels will increase over time eg. tier 2 at 250+ for a game in November will probably be 280+ for a similar "in-demand" game in February. Looks like there will be very little chance of ever moving up a tier!

kjgood

So I buy a ticket two weeks in advance with every intention of leaving work at lunchtime midweek to drive the 220 odd miles to the game and then 220 odd miles to get home at 1 a.m. after the game, then something happens at work that prevents me from sliding off in time, that makes me a bad person? RIGHT OK. So in the future I need to justify my selfish actions to the club, perhaps write a note of apology from my boss or something? Good forbid i wake up unwell on the day so i cant give several days notice that i'm going to be unwell, I do apologise for not living within 5 miles of Falmer.

Rant over

I saw this in PB's latest statement, is this a new policy?:

“We also understand that there will be times when supporters genuinely can’t get to a game having purchased tickets to do so. In such circumstances, provided supporters can return tickets to us at least 72 hours prior to a game, have a legitimate and unavoidable reason for doing so, and we can sell the ticket to another Albion supporter in time, we will always do our best to refund fans."

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Quick question please: does that mean that those who are generally outside of the top 2 tiers will fall further back as the season continues and will have next to no opportunity to build any loyalty points this season? This is on the assumption that the tier levels will increase over time eg. tier 2 at 250+ for a game in November will probably be 280+ for a similar "in-demand" game in February. Looks like there will be very little chance of ever moving up a tier!

Effectively yes. If you are outside the 'closed loop' that people love to define it as (which probably contains c6-7k fans) then you will need to take the scraps so to speak. Barnet and later Bournemouth in the haribo cup would have been a start, but those (presumably) in the t2/t3 brackets decided to abuse the system to bridge the gap.

You will therefore need to hope we have a moderate FA cup run and that demand is not high for the likes of Burnley, WBA, Hudds, Stoke, Newcastle.

I have been to every game minus the Bournemouth cup game thus far which has awarded me Leicester(10)+Watford(10)+Barnet(15)+Bournemouth(5)+Arsenal(5) = 45 points.

If you were a ST holder with 0 points there was potential for Leicester(10)+Barnet(15) = 25 points, but this should have included Bournemouth(10) cup game if dick heads hadn't farmed it.

Points (over and above your ST points) are halved at the end of the season and thus so is the discrepancy between us. In addition, if you are a recent ST holder, you will gain on my total at the end of the season as the points reward for subsequent years diminishes.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

Thats the long and short of it. You might get lucky with Burnley, Stoke, Hudds away and whatever happens in the FA cup but apart from them chances are slim.

Next season might be better though as we're either going to be back in the Championship (Rotherham away anyone?) or the novelty might be less in a second season in the Prem and demand for some games could be slightly less.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Yes, that's what pretty much half the threads about loyalty points descend into; some (like me) moaning they'll never get enough points and others telling them unlucky but they should have done some away games last season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Effectively yes. If you are outside the 'closed loop' that people love to define it as (which probably contains c6-7k fans) then you will need to take the scraps so to speak. Barnet and later Bournemouth in the haribo cup would have been a start, but those (presumably) in the t2/t3 brackets decided to abuse the system to bridge the gap.

You will therefore need to hope we have a moderate FA cup run and that demand is not high for the likes of Burnley, WBA, Hudds, Stoke, Newcastle.

I have been to every game minus the Bournemouth cup game thus far which has awarded me Leicester(10)+Watford(10)+Barnet(15)+Bournemouth(5)+Arsenal(5) = 45 points.

If you were a ST holder with 0 points there was potential for Leicester(10)+Barnet(15) = 25 points, but this should have included Bournemouth(10) cup game if dick heads hadn't farmed it.

Points (over and above your ST points) are halved at the end of the season and thus so is the discrepancy between us. In addition, if you are a recent ST holder, you will gain on my total at the end of the season as the points reward for subsequent years diminishes.

Do you think down to T2 (particularly now T2 has narrowed) is as much as 6-7k ? Was thinking it'd more like 4k max - for Man U, T1 is 269+ and we know that's about 3,000 as the club have guaranteed anyone in T1 wanting a ticket will get on on day 1, and T2 is only 19 points lower (250), so imagine this Tier is probably only a few hundred, calculated to be able to be fairly sure tickets are available to be mopped up by those in the narrow T2 (which they seem to have got about right re Swansea, given it's just about sold out before tomorrow when T3 opens)

Seems T2 is being carefully calculated based on expected T1 sales to me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Could I ask what actions are being taken for season ticket holders that do not go to a game? they have purchased a ticket for every game for which they receive 150 loyalty points over the year. Do they get told off as well?

When you buy a Season Ticket, you are committing to 23/19 games where any of them may be moved in date and time.

When you purchase an away ticket, the date and time is set.

Hardly comparable. I do agree repeated non-attendance at home should be looked at though, especially with a hefty waiting list.

When clubs such as manure can take your ST away if you dare not turn up for a cup game, I think many people disputing their 'rights' to do whatever they like just because they fronted the money for a ticket, will have their attitudes tested if we find our level in this division.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could I ask what actions are being taken for season ticket holders that do not go to a game? they have purchased a ticket for every game for which they receive 150 loyalty points over the year. Do they get told off as well?

You get 20 points per season for a season ticket, not 150.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do you think down to T2 (particularly now T2 has narrowed) is as much as 6-7k ? Was thinking it'd more like 4k max - for Man U, T1 is 269+ and we know that's about 3,000 as the club have guaranteed anyone in T1 wanting a ticket will get on on day 1, and T2 is only 19 points lower (250), so imagine this Tier is probably only a few hundred, calculated to be able to be fairly sure tickets are available to be mopped up by those in the narrow T2 (which they seem to have got about right re Swansea, given it's just about sold out before tomorrow when T3 opens)

Seems T2 is being carefully calculated based on expected T1 sales to me.

Probably somewhere between the two, I think it's higher than 4k.

The first tier will obviously have the highest conversion rates as it contains the die hards. The second tier probably contains more than you would expect despite the narrow band.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I have 196 STH points

hang on. Doesn't that mean if you binned your season ticket you'd then be up in the top tiers for away tickets? Thats weird that you could have more membership points than STH points

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
hang on. Doesn't that mean if you binned your season ticket you'd then be up in the top tiers for away tickets? Thats weird that you could have more membership points than STH points

No, Membership points don't give any right to buy tickets ahead of STH points....only kick in if games don't sell out to STH tiers.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Without a doubt the loyalty points were abused at Bournemouth but surely weren't the fans that abused the system
Fans with enough points to abuse the system I.e. Fans that had earned enough points by watching the Albion previously.probably in less successful times to allow them the ability to abuse the system.The points needed per game is calculated so that the most loyal fans get first dibs
& then it is reduced as seems necessary.How many of the fans that complained about the so called abuse would have complained if (a) we were not in EPL or (b) no loyalty points available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and if more tickets had been available for the Bournemouth cup tie, how many in the lower loyalty tiers would have actually gone ? Do you think - given the chance - they would have 'harvested' too ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here