Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Significant transfer news at 3pm **C O G Staying**

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
My biggest issue with the club over the last year has been that the fans have been asked to pay more to see a vastly inferior product. With the Academy done and FFP loosened we can invest more* in the squad. My gut instinct is that this process has started. I would expect (but don't know) that Hughton would be on more than the untested Hyypia. I imagine Best was on a fair chunk at the chicken farmers.

Whatever, it is an independently verified FACT that the playing budget has increased as Tony stated - it just hasn't been used very well up to now.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

*more of Tony's personal money that is

Slightly OT but thank you for posting this - I had missed the fact that the Swiss Ramble is back after a long lay off. And promising to write shorter, punchier articles which is also a move in the right direction, although the Brighton one seems pretty comprehensive to me.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Was that it?

A player on a three year deal is still here on his three year deal,

How's that transfer news?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
CoG will score 15 goals between now and the end of the season.
Leon Best will score 10 goals between now and the end of the season.
We will finish 8th this season

Must stop as Nurse is about to administer my medication and some doctor is about to give me a segment or something (must be citrus fruit related).

TNBA

TTF

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Are you a C02K??? The club has received £14 million+ in player sales and spent around £2 million on players, many underachievers.

I don't feel i get value for money paying out for a season ticket every year.

It is blatantly clear the club are trying to operate on the cheap!

£325k on a Israeli international from Celtic might be impressive to you but i would rather of had Chalobah on loan from Chelsea, now that would of made me a little bit excited. How many of you have truthfully heard of Beram Kayal before Brighton signed him?

Leon Best does not exactly set my word on fire either, nor does any of the signings made in the summer.

(Added through edited) Despite my reservations on them I always have and will continue to support the Albion every week and hope they prove me wrong!

Maybe i have been spoilt in recent years when we signed Ulloa, Orlandi, Bridge, Upson, Buckley, Bruno, Vicente etc.but since the end of last season my enthusiasm has been battered and i need a break.

Just saying..............

Cant say I had heard of Ulloa before we signed him ,or Gary Hart or Mark lawrensen or Kirt Nogan for that matter, and come to think of it Peter Ward or Ian Mellor ...nope never heard of them ,they did reasonably well though I think !

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
No it's not massive transfer news but it certainly is significant. CoG obviously feels the love.
Let's get what we can for CMS and try and ship out Kemy before Monday night too.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Are you a C02K??? The club has received £14 million+ in player sales and spent around £2 million on players, many underachievers.

Maybe i have been spoilt in recent years when we signed Ulloa, Orlandi, Bridge, Upson, Buckley, Bruno, Vicente etc.but since the end of last season my enthusiasm has been battered and i need a break.

You have answered your own question, you were spoilt and are now throwing your toys out of a pram like an infant when you are not getting you're own way

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean

I don't feel i get value for money paying out for a season ticket every year.

It is blatantly clear the club are trying to operate on the cheap!

£325k on a Israeli international from Celtic might be impressive to you but i would rather of had Chalobah on loan from Chelsea, now that would of made me a little bit excited. How many of you have truthfully heard of Beram Kayal before Brighton signed him?

Leon Best does not exactly set my word on fire either, nor does any of the signings made in the summer.

(Added through edited) Despite my reservations on them I always have and will continue to support the Albion every week and hope they prove me wrong!

I would FAR rather have Kayal than Chalobah on loan. Chalobah may be better in the future but certainly not now. Just because you're ignorant about Kayal doesn't mean anyone else is, Man United and Liverpool wanted him a couple of years ago ffs, what makes you think people won't have heard of him?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cant say I had heard of Ulloa before we signed him ,or Gary Hart or Mark lawrensen or Kirt Nogan for that matter, and come to think of it Peter Ward or Ian Mellor ...nope never heard of them ,they did reasonably well though I think !

I wonder how much the OP had heard about Ulloa Bruno and Buckley before they were signed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here