Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Key moments in your support of the Albion?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The zulu war chant and in tune foot stomp in the wooden floor stand at the old baseball ground will live long in the memory , as a relative greenhorn to away games the noise and adrenaline rushthat came with it was brilliant and got me hooked on awaydays ,the friends I made from the eclipse pub , and how not to use the bog while Toothy was throwing his darts , on the footballing side of things I think the FA cup semi final at Highbury was the best for pure unadulterated joy , and the one moment I remember the most from the game was a simply world class save from Mosley tipping a certain goal over the bar , one thing I don't miss from the good old days are trough urinals , though the fag butt races were quite funny .

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Calvin Andrew scored didn't he? Not Gary Hart? But I'm pretty sure Hart set them both up.

It was a funny one, despite being down the bottom and 1-0 down to a good side...I was so confident we were going to turn it around and win. Great night! I think it was also the same evening as the famous Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal, Arshavin game

Yes you are correct it was Calvin Andrew. Rickie Lambert got their goal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Only supporters with concessionary season tickets will remember the fall to Division 4. This to my mind was at least as serious crisis to doom as the fall if we lost to Hereford. More so given the prevailing complete lack of success at the time. Division 4 was the pits and regarded like the non-league back then.The most surprising and memorable single one event in the history of me watching the Albion was the signing of Bobby Smith the first. Hope returned in a big way.

The second most significant event (more so in the long term) was moving to the Amex. Anyone, who had been to games in 1971-72 and the crowd chaos and mayhem versus Bournemouth and the crush against Rochdale would realise that we would never be able to sustain top flight football without a completely new ground. But that was when gate receipts were the bulk of the income.

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
I did mean Bristol Rovers away and yes Owusu was a different class, had read a post further up and had Walsall in my mind as well as, running past a steward who told me i wasnt allowed on the pitch even though the majority of Albion fans where already half way across the pitch.

No surprise your post made me think of that game then!! What a night!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Another moment was with my youngest at the bowling alley in 2009. He was wearing his Albion top and the number 7 on the back - his age and the squad number of his favourite player, Dean Cox. We heard someone comment about it, turned around and there was Coxy and his girlfriend.

The look on my youngest's face when he got to meet his hero and the fact that he wouldn't shut up about it for weeks proved that he also would be a fan for life.

article-0-02C941BE00000578-309_468x286.jpg

And look at his face!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I look forward to hearing others memories as likely a lot of them will prompt me to think about the same games/era etc!

Anyway, a few key memories that stick in my mind:

Chesterfield away on a Monday night (I think) where Bobby Z nicked the ball out of the goalies hands and scored in front of us - I know I'm getting old when I say this but I bought four pints in a pub near the away end before the game for a fiver and we still laugh about that now as it's not that long ago

Hereford away obviously not only for the sheer drama of the day but also as lots of my family come from there so we stayed over before and after. It made for a weird weekend really, what with us being so ecstatic and the locals being gutted

Colchester away when we won about 6-1 I think and chippy smashed a rocket in the goal in front of us, I love the memory of that old concrete terrace

Aldershot away when we won 6-1 (score line is just a coincidence, the beer and a laugh was more important than the result at away games for a good few years to be fair!) as met a guy on the platform at Clapham who turned out to be a really top guy and still a good mate of mine now

Oldham away in August when we won 3-1 (I think), it was the hottest I have ever been at a game as it was a scorcher of a day!

Barnet on Boxing Day away when it was the coldest I've ever been at a game

Sheffield Wednesday away, we drew 1-1 and chippy scored a 30 yard rocket. At the time I thought to myself it wouldn't get any better than seeing a Brighton player score a thirty yarder at a massive club like Wednesday!

As much as those are just a few of the amazing memories I have of supporting the Albion, my overriding memory by a long way, is how the Albion was the one thing me and my brother had in common that really brought us closer together after our dad passed away suddenly when he was 16 and I was 21

I was at all those games. Spooky. Yes, all magic :clap:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here