Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We massively missed having a left back. We have 4 of them and all of them were missing again. Poc, Bong, Rosenior and Aku........ that lad who came on was worse than me just like his previous cameos. Sure he was out of position but still.

We need 2 wins from the next 2 and hopefully we'll be back to a similar position to few hours ago. Have we suddenly gone from hoping Newcastle get stuffed in the next couple to hoping they absolutely smash the other sides now and we settle for 2nd?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Free speech yes - but free speech does include the right to spout rubbish! Injury meant he couldn't replace all three anyway. Hemed for Murray in the later stages might have been a good move, but maybe that would have been the third substitute had Poco not been injured.

Observers above saying Sidwell and Stephens passing to the opposition throughout. Suggestion, sub one with Kayal or take off a striker to win the centre midfield battle.

Posters making suggestions for subs throughout NU's 70 minutes of superiority, so at least if they cannot be called hindsight calls once we lost.

All about opinions, but to many something needed to be done, and we had a bench of subs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We massively missed having a left back. We have 4 of them and all of them were missing again. Poc, Bong, Rosenior and Aku........ that lad who came on was worse than me just like his previous cameos. Sure he was out of position but still.

We need 2 wins from the next 2 and hopefully we'll be back to a similar position to few hours ago. Have we suddenly gone from hoping Newcastle get stuffed in the next couple to hoping they absolutely smash the other sides now and we settle for 2nd?
Huddersfield v Newcastle is win/win for us - same as tonight was for Huddersfield. Ultimately, we just need to take care of two lower half sides and if we do that, we'll be in a strong position.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Did anyone else notice Murray gesturing to the crowd when they scored their second, 'where are you going' I think he said

So bad when people leave 5/10mins from time. Doesn't show support to the team at all. A lot can change in the last few minutes of a game and the grounds half empty... Poor show

biddles911

May 12, 2014
But you have to react to the performance on the pitch - Hemed for Murray would have been the first voluntary sub for me.

Baffled by the subs. Kayal hasn't been up to speed at all this season and bringing on March in the last five minutes for Knocky was equally bizarre.

Thought we deserved a point (just) but our passing was terrible second half. Looked like we'd lost confidence completely even before the first goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Have a word with yourself, he really isn't! He was poor in the first half, and he's not as good as Seb, Bong, or Liam, but he settled down well in the second half. You have to remember he is way down the pecking order, but nowhere near as crap as Obika.

Have a word with yourself. He really is poor.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
People need to stop worrying.

The gap is 7 points with GD - Brighton are going up.

Newcastle should be miles ahead, and who cares if you go up in second.

Funnily enough, on paper (whatever that counts for) Newcastle United have by far the trickiest run in. They have to play all the top ten (bar ourselves and Norwich City). Huddersfield Town have four to play and ourselves two.

Interesting times.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some very poor defensive play today, nothing too much to panic about after all Newcastle should piss this league. I was disappointed with the fat Spanish waiter moaning every five bloody seconds to the forth official.

Next game against Forest we must get back on track.

Night everyone, I'm off to piss the bed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Baffled by the subs. Kayal hasn't been up to speed at all this season and bringing on March in the last five minutes for Knocky was equally bizarre.

Thought we deserved a point (just) but our passing was terrible second half. Looked like we'd lost confidence completely even before the first goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought knockaert was poor, few nice touches but no real end product.

Wasn't a fan of his showboating at 1-0 either

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Funnily enough, on paper (whatever that counts for) Newcastle United have by far the trickiest run in. They have to play all the top ten (bar ourselves and Norwich City). Huddersfield Town have four to play and ourselves two.

Interesting times.

Without going through the fixtures I think Newcastle have done well against the teams near the top of the table, it's the teams I the bottom half - could be arrogance

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Thought knockaert was poor, few nice touches but no real end product.

Wasn't a fan of his showboating at 1-0 either

Agreed, there were a few times when the simple cross may have delivered better options than the solo goal - no matter how good they look when he gets them.

Perhaps needs to improve his decision making when we're searching for goals.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That was our own fault. Had chances to seal it. Went completely head mental defensively in the last 15. Looked a bit lost with a three man midfield.

To be fair their keeper had a blinder. They're a good team but we helped them put with some very questionable defensive choices when we should have been keeping the game as closed off as we had the previous 75.

Move on to Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here