Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It would appear NSC has similar podcasting tastes, and they don't really change much.
There's plenty of name check now that are at throughout the thread.

But this is new and sounds interesting:-

I'll give it a go, thanks.

Oh and [MENTION=27252]The GIF dude[/MENTION], yes Tim and Tom are over soon.
They are still good, but quite as good recently.

It's difficult to find in iTunes apparently, but there's an iTunes link here...

http://qi.com/podcast/

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
However if you can find them Seasons 1,2 and 3 of The Ricky Gervais show are also superb. There are quite a few 'specials' too. It's quite interesting listening to them slowly discover the genius of Pilkington!

I've had these on my iPod for years - a brilliant listen. Monkey News anyone?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's difficult to find in iTunes apparently, but there's an iTunes link here...

http://qi.com/podcast/
I listened to the first one this morning, and really enjoyed it, thanks.

I am predisposed to it as I enjoy QI and will happily have it chuntering on in the background.
But nevertheless it's a good, funny, lighthearted, mix of geeky facts.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Smodcast is the one constant for me, as I find Mosier really funny and it's so easy to have on in the background. Babble On is probably my favourite after that, I get Jay & SB Get Old every so often, and not much else. Anything else in the View Askewniverse you recommend?

Apologies for the sales post but this is pretty urgent.

For anyone that listens to Kevin Smith's podcasts, I've got 2 tickets for sale for his Babble-On show in London tomorrow night featuring Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes and Ralph Garman.

More info here.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Hello Internet.
Albion Roar occasionally but you say it's gone. :jester:
Any other BHAFC podcasts or YouTubers that is not that Mjmac guy. Find him irritating and fake.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Josh Widdicombe X-FM Podcast, been listening for about 6 months now, Some really good episodes.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Iain Lee was mentioned a couple of times wearlier in the thread, he's now doing BBC 3CR. On the occassion I've been travelling with work through that neck of the woods I've tuned in and found him pretty funny, he also has a podcast of this and it's at times very, very funny. Also there's a bird on there who sounded likes she would be tasty and to my pleasant surprise when I googled her I was right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've enjoyed the last couple Josh Widdicombe's so thanks for that [MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION].

I'm also currently enjoying, what feels like quintessential Radio 4, Punt PI.

Comedy Steve Punt rummaging around a 'cold case' crime and seeing what he can turn up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Daily Show without Jon Stewart is a new podcast where the people involved in the show discuss the making of the show/comedy writing etc.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
There's a new podcast of Rob Beckett's Absolute Radio show - it's good, decent mix of football and comedy.

Also recommended is the Rhod Gilbert show from BBC Wales, and Do The Right Thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Daily Show without Jon Stewart is a new podcast where the people involved in the show discuss the making of the show/comedy writing etc.
Good spot, I'm in and will listen later, thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Josh Widdicombe X-FM Podcast, been listening for about 6 months now, Some really good episodes.

In terms of comedy podcasts;

Present:

Josh Widdecombe - very partridge, very funny

Please please please tell me at least one of you have listened to this weeks episode, cabbaged.

I was the funniest thing I've heard all year.
I was properly laughing out loud, at James Ancaster's (?) story of revenge.

It's the funniest available.

They even do a catch up before the story, everybody should listen to it.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Please please please tell me at least one of you have listened to this weeks episode, cabbaged.

Acaster's classic scrapes are comfortably the best thing about the show (when he's on it).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Listened to it earlier om the train. It was brilliant. I thought it had lost its way since move to a sunday but recent weeks has been very good again. That story was brilliant.

Its a bit out there but have you tried the angelous and barry show. Personally i love it however i know it wont be to everyones taste.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To anyone who hasnt already, get involved with The Angelos and Barry show, its brilliant, I have laughed out loud far too many times to this on the train in recent weeks.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just got back to work on the ship to find that our IT manager has blocked my capability of downloading podcasts from my work pc onto a flash drive.
This could mean no Fooball Weekly/Extra, The Game, 5Live Football Daily (especially Monday Night Club), Football Ramble, Albion Roar, 5Live World Football Phone In, for my whole 12 week contract! WTF?

I need to plot my revenge, or get a cyber geek to assist me with my fix.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I'd gotten slack with Widdecombe's pods, not sure why. Will dig this out and have a listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here