Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion bottom of the Premier League...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've almost never bought a replica shirt so I'm certainly not the target market. I got a red and black Skint away top to wear to football training and 5-a-side when I was still playing and a Centenary shirt as a memento that I think I wore to Withdean twice, but other that that I never bother with colours. So the area of concern should be my 11 year old who for the first time in a long while does not want an away shirt. He thinks it looks like a keepers' kit too and I do wonder if it's one of those where we won't look quite "right" either from the stands or on MOTD. Only time will tell.

Having seen a bit of the Nantes match I can say that the home kit just doesn't look like "us" at all and I thought Leeds were back at the Amex for a good deal of it. However, the target market in the house likes it so I guess that's another £40 I've just pissed up the wall. Barber 1 - 0 GB

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The sooner we get clear of Nike the better....the award of the shirt contract to them allied to the fact that there is clearly no-one in the Albion hierarchy with an ounce of design sense or taste has resulted in mess mess mess

el punal

Consult with the fans next time and we'd be top of that list Mr Barber

Really? Thin stripes, thick stripes, too much white, too much blue, want a collar, don’t want a collar, white socks, blue socks, blue and white socks, blue shirt with white sleeves, all blue kit, all white kit, red numbers, black numbers, blue numbers, badge in the middle, badge on the right, stripes all over, stripes down the sleeves . . . .

FFS everyone!!! :shootself

el punal

...of kits. Apparently. Barbs will be FUMING:

"They’ve just gone with the generic template for Nike really and just added the crest and sponsor. I also think their away kit looks like a goalkeeper kit.
I don’t think you’d see anyone wearing that out. Well, I’d hope not anyway.
Style: 3/10. Originality: 2.5/10. Wearability: 2.5/10 - Total: 8 out of 30"

More >>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/b66bc111-d70f-4049-8bcd-c6c4b6dd3f75

And yet on another site we have the 4th best kit in Premier League. Roll on Saturday and then we can put an end to this f***ing nonsense.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Damn it! I'd not planned on spending any money on kit this season but that GK kit is f**king beautiful.

I know. It only seems available in the long sleeve version via the club shop however Matty was wearing a short sleeved version last Friday night. Really want one of those.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Well our new kit came out just above mid table when the daily mail reviewed them all about a week ago.

Hurrah for the daily mail. Knew it would come up trumps eventually !

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Which template is our kit copied from? I have had a look at Nike team kits and don’t see anything similar.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I must be one sick puppy because I love the away kit. The home could be better for sure, but it really isn't that bad.

Is that the green one? I never buy replica shirts but I'm tempted to get that. I say 'tempted' but I'm guessing the price will put me off.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Jul 25, 2018
Don’t see the negativity regarding the kit, it’s decent, simple and clean.

Re: Crystal Palace kits...
Even if Gucci starts designing football kits, with Palace it will always be shi*.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like both kits, but I suppose that's just the easy going, lovable kind of guy I am.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Big fan of the training tops so will be buying both if they become available.
Can’t stand the kits. The last two away kits have been particularly crap.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The crappiest thing about the home kit is what it looks like with no name or number. Just makes the stripes at the bottom on the back look even more odd. Noticed Sheff United's the other day, who have the same issue on stripes and their back was completely white which I still don't like but looked better than the odd few inches of stripes at the bottom.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Exactly!

No wonder it was hard to find :laugh:

Is the fella who wrote the review a Palarse fan, as it seems to be written in another reality? It’s fine not to like it. (Seems fine to me) but to billy ball and go on about it just being a template kit with a badge and sponsor seems a bit wide of the mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here