Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield fans / Atmosphere

Thanks for all the great comments folks. To be fair our away support and noise has been exactly the same, and we haven’t scored a goal since the opening day of the season. Appreciate many don’t like the drum, and the same with the clackers. A number of Town fans don’t like them either, with comments like “tinpot” regarding the clackers, but you know the kids actually love them. There’s usually a different design on them each week, so they even collect the dammed things.
In the great scheme of things, does it really matter? Hope we both stay up, it’s not going to be easy for either of us, but whatever happens Town for one aren’t going with a whimper.

Wait to you witness are fanszone and the mighty RR in action then you'll know what atmosphere is!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sounded great on the radio and for once I hardly heard the Albion. I bet the stadium wasn’t half empty at the final whistle either?

Did Izzy Brown make a beeline for his Chelsea mate at the final whistle!

It was certainly noisy but the relentless banging of the drum and choir like song renditions did my head in. Each to their own but I couldn’t put up with that every week. Didnt notice Izzy Brown at the final whistle but I didn’t notice him much during the game either...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sounded great on the radio and for once I hardly heard the Albion. I bet the stadium wasn’t half empty at the final whistle either?

Did Izzy Brown make a beeline for his Chelsea mate at the final whistle!

This - Couldn’t hear our fans at all.

Still find the clackers irritating though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We never stood a chance of out singing them. They just never stopped. The 'stand up if you love the Town' came twice in each half (expect it was timed) when the entire stadium stood up.
At no point did they sing anything about us though. There was no 'your support is f.... s...' or the like.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We were stood eight next to them. No animosity just a constant noise for each player.

We had no chance against that noise as a crowd.

As mentioned, don't know what happens if the opponents score first, although that was not ever going to happen yesterday.

All positive songs too.

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Honest, we just keep singing! Even at 5-0 down. Why not, for many fans it's the first and possibly the only time they'll ever see us in the top division. In my own case, having started in 1965 it's the 2nd time, going back to the Frank Worthington days. Lets just hope it lasts longer than last time.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We never stood a chance of out singing them. They just never stopped. The 'stand up if you love the Town' came twice in each half (expect it was timed) when the entire stadium stood up.
At no point did they sing anything about us though. There was no 'your support is f.... s...' or the like.

I think they worked to a tight itinerary and kept to it very well. There was even some ad-libbing going on (very difficult to plan everything out so tightly when it comes to subs warming up). Lots of rehearsals and some vey talented drama students brings it all together. Absolute dedication to the cause.

I hate evangelical born again happy clappy brainwashed support of anything. Does my head in. However, they certainly were loud and managed to completely avoid any hint of black clad ultra nonsense, fake edginess of trying to look like a firm. Vey friendly bunch and atmosphere and no segregation to speak of. We were right next to them with a tiny gap and very few stewards

They did manage to fit in a 'you're f@cking sh1t" and "we can see you holding hand" in the 'free 5 minute open mike' period near the end.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There support was superb. It was difficult for the us to compete which felt like a first.

That said the clackers were shit and btw they did sing “you’re f**king shit, you’re....”, which to be fair we were

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
The stand up of you love the town thing started this season, it's not timed or anything, but usually happens about midway through the half to try and get the whole stadium in to it, to carry the team through. Works well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Interesting point (I wasn't there).

One of my gripes is negative "support". Why not just focus on our club, our team and our players?

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Must admit, I'm not in the south stand, but I'm not sure there is exactly an
itinerary? If there is, it's news to me in the kilner bank, to your right from away end. Personally knocking on a bit, the "stand up if you love the Town" does my head in. I've usually just sat back down after some exciting action, only to have get back up again to be able to see owt!

They must be timing it then as a personal bloody vendetta against us "oldies" Everybody knows all the songs though, and even when a new one appears, it's soon picked up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

In an ideal world we would never sing about the opposition, or barrack the ref. I think that both are tinpot and negative. What better a message can a support send than ignoring EVERYTHING except thir own players?

As for clackers, drums and megaphones - whatever works. I first saw megaphones many years ago, at Turkish foorball so I vaguely recall. It was very effective - but you need somone smart doing the leading, and lots of song leaders I have seen are lacking in the sort of skills necessary to know how to select the right song at the right moment. It requires skills along the lines of a Beethoven or Vagner AND the ability to improvise it all. I'm thinking Scritti Politti circa 1980. A bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NX2L0uwn_M

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with all of this. Terrific support. That drum though does my head in.

It might well do, but it wasn't just mindless drumming, it played an integral part in generating the atmosphere, pulling more fans into singing. The fact that their equivalent of the north stand is next to the opposition fans is a clever move too especially with the drum being there (I don't think there was one down the other end), because we found it extremely different to drown them out, which further drained our singing morale.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I have to agree their crowd were superb, however, there is no doubt we gave them something to sing about conceding so early. The town itself was very friendly and welcoming too.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
In some ways it's everything the Amex isn't. One song starts and gets sung at the correct speed many of which are slow songs. Most players seem to have songs many are originals. The WHOLE Stadium responds in time. There doesn't seem to be ANY don't like that song so I'm not singing. The away end cannot compete so is silent for long periods. Most of the stadium stayed until the final whistle.

That said I haven't been there when they were losing

Totally agree, but lets not make this a case for getting our own drum. I can't stand drums.

I agree with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], it would send me postal too if I had to listen to that all of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here