Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Whats Goring like to live in?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I technically live in Goring but within a Ferring post code area.

Goring, like many other places, has perhaps some slightly less desirable areas but Ferring is an absolutely excellent village with many ongoing activities especially for seniors. It has great village character but, as one other poster says, has an excellent Asda nearby but not near the centre of the village. The joy of both and Ferring in particular is the low volume of traffic though who can guarantee that ongoing.

Not a bad place to relocate to !

There are in fact two excellent cafes, Sea Lane Cafe in Goring and the Bluebird in Ferring, both of which are on the beach and both extremely popular.

Ferring would benefit more by having some decent pubs.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Ferring would benefit more by having some decent pubs.

Agree generally but, of course, it is not a particularly large village.

The Tudor Close is, to my mind, particularly special, thatched, excellent food and dog friendly !

Although I have only been in there once or twice, The Henty Arms is probably also a decent traditional pub.

Last edited:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Agree generally but, having said that, The Tudor Close is fairly special, thatched, excellent food and dog friendly !

I was in there last year before visiting the Indian restaurant opposite, and I found it to be a little snobby in there with a funny atmosphere.
As for the Jaaflong or whatever is is called, once bitten and all that.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I was in there last year before visiting the Indian restaurant opposite, and I found it to be a little snobby in there with a funny atmosphere.
As for the Jaaflong or whatever is is called, once bitten and all that.

Not sure where you refer to ? but I never found the TC snobby at all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Us EP people, [MENTION=5252]wigman[/MENTION] and me don't really care about you peasants.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
East Preston is the place to avoid full of 'penny millionaires' all trying to keep one above the next door neighbour. My wife was born and brought up in Ferring and it did have 3 decent pubs and a club in the 60s but like many they have closed through lack of use. The Quadrant is not in Goring it is in Maybridge but Estate Agents have their own names to sell the properties like Cotswold Rd area now known as Lower Salvington.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
East Preston is the place to avoid full of 'penny millionaires' all trying to keep one above the next door neighbour. My wife was born and brought up in Ferring and it did have 3 decent pubs and a club in the 60s but like many they have closed through lack of use. The Quadrant is not in Goring it is in Maybridge but Estate Agents have their own names to sell the properties like Cotswold Rd area now known as Lower Salvington.

I have lived in EP for over 50 years, absolutely lovely place to live.
You are so wide of the mark on this occasion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
EP can be really proud of the way it's managed to hold onto the feel of a traditional village.

I can think of a fair few areas of EP that don't have any 'penny millionaires', it's almost as if BG is talking out of his arse again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have lived in EP for over 50 years, absolutely lovely place to live.
You are so wide of the mark on this occasion.
They have always lived in the shadow of South Ferring and tried to nick Kingston Gorse,which is in Angmering, to up their prestige. My view is a genalisation more of the young people living there than the older long established like yourself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear God, Kingston Gorse is nowhere near Angmering, it doesn't border Angmering, it's impossible to get from Angmering to KG without going through East Preston.

Other than that carry on. .

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
They have always lived in the shadow of South Ferring and tried to nick Kingston Gorse,which is in Angmering, to up their prestige. My view is a genalisation more of the young people living there than the older long established like yourself.

What a load of bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here