Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should she stay or should she go now?

Theresa May?

• Go

Votes: 81 38.2%
  • Stay

Votes: 131 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
She has to stay , its messy enough now , just imagine how messy it will get if there is a leadership battle & probably a general election .... what ever way you voted , remain or leave , the decision (all be it by a small margin) was leave so stop the fudging about and deliver it should be the message to MP's who are supposed to carry out the peoples will.

Oh and by the way I am traditionally a Labour voter but I do want out of Europe just because they have done nothing for me except introduce stupid legislation and waste huge amounts of money but thats just my personal opinion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it democracy to vote again when she was voted in 28 months ago?

Quite. The people voted for May. It would be simply wrong if she were ousted before the 5 year fixed term is up. It would be spitting in the face of the will of the people. There will be a revolt - people in the street, buring down the pakistani new agents.

Oh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Go NOW ! Her press conference was a parade of her Greatest Hits from her speeches over the last 2 years.... " Precious Union " " A Conservative vision " " Economy that works for everybody " " Always serving the National interests " " taking back control but protecting jobs " " Bright Future " Lots of pretty words but no substance as usual.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think she'll win the vote tonight. The question is how many of her MP's vote against her. If it's a 3 figure number/circa a third of the parliamentary party, I can't see how she can carry on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think she'll win the vote tonight. The question is how many of her MP's vote against her. If it's a 3 figure number/circa a third of the parliamentary party, I can't see how she can carry on.

Nobody else wants the blame, unless they are completely off their rocker. Step forward BoJo.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anybody who has the confidence to wear their trousers higher than mine deserve a medal so keep going Treeza you're doing the job no man wanted .

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's my opinion that she has been dreadfully treated by the public faces of her party. She is a well meaning woman who has had no support and has been publically embarrassed and attacked time, and time again. The treatment of her has been appalling, she is doing the best she can with the worst hand a PM has ever inherited and it is no wonder people aren't happy. Brexit didn't mean anything when she became the PM, she has defined it. The deal isn't brilliant for anyone, but neither is the thing which was voted for - there was no clear expectation of what would happen in the event of the Leave vote. The people moaning are the people who always moan, whatever the circumstances.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Its very noticeable that Corbyn has prevented a no confidence vote in the Government. If that was won there is a very good chance he would be PM (God Forbid!) BUT he doesn't want that because he would then need to sort out this mess. He knows full well that what the experts told us 2.5 years ago is true- we are better off IN the EU,and whatever deal is or isnt done, the country will end up worse off. If the exit is done with a Tory Government he can blame everything on them for a decade to come. I suspect that he really didnt want to win the last election , and hoped for the result we got, just so he could "ride to the rescue" after Brexit. May has taken on the job that no one else would do and has at least tried to sort it. Virtually no backing from anyone, and just as importantly no viable alternatives given. Any change now just makes things a whole lot worse -and who would have thought that were possible.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
It's my opinion that she has been dreadfully treated by the public faces of her party. She is a well meaning woman who has had no support and has been publically embarrassed and attacked time, and time again. The treatment of her has been appalling, she is doing the best she can with the worst hand a PM has ever inherited and it is no wonder people aren't happy. Brexit didn't mean anything when she became the PM, she has defined it. The deal isn't brilliant for anyone, but neither is the thing which was voted for - there was no clear expectation of what would happen in the event of the Leave vote. The people moaning are the people who always moan, whatever the circumstances.

Brilliant post.

Cant help thinking of this every time I see her with the loons in the background:

The assassination of Julius Caesar was the result of a conspiracy by many Roman senators led by Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus Albinus, and Marcus Junius Brutus. They stabbed Caesar (23 times) to death in a location adjacent to the Theatre of Pompey on the Ides of March 15 March 44 BC.

2062 years later, Isn't this how they are dealing with her !!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
think you'll find it was a public poll that got us in this s*** in the first place !!

No. It has been the enemy within that has deliberately created this mess. i.e. the main fabric of the Establishment...the Civil Service, the Foreign Office and key political Grandees. Plus corporations, financiers, large parts of the press and media and many more with a personal vested interest. They are the immovable object. They don't want change. They have been working with the EU from day1 post referendum to block, thwart, frustrate and brainwash people. The PM has either willingly allowed herself to be steered to this position or has found that she cannot fight the power brokers.
The uncertainty is deliberate. It has been planned and executed and the PM was merely a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
No. It has been the enemy within that has deliberately created this mess. i.e. the main fabric of the Establishment...the Civil Service, the Foreign Office and key political Grandees. Plus corporations, financiers, large parts of the press and media and many more with a personal vested interest. They are the immovable object. They don't want change. They have been working with the EU from day1 post referendum to block, thwart, frustrate and brainwash people. The PM has either willingly allowed herself to be steered to this position or has found that she cannot fight the power brokers.
The uncertainty is deliberate. It has been planned and executed and the PM was merely a pawn in the grand scheme of things.

And the truth shall set you free......

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Totally disagree. May has brought this upon herself. May wanted this job, she knew what she was getting into. May painted herself in the Brexit corner with her red lines which guaranteed a deal with which no-one would be happy, and she has stuck her head in the sand when it was clear to all what was going to happen. May also called a completely unnecessary GE in which she LOST a workable majority. Possibly one of the most arrogant and dumb things any PM has done since err....Cameron unleashed the poxy referendum in the first place.

Since then May has treated parliament with utter contempt, all in an effort to cling on to power. This is a sh*t deal from a sh*t government that has utterly betrayed the country over the last two year and the architect of that deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Top post. Top analysis.

And to think there are some loons around who think that those of us who point out she has been blocked and hindered every step of the way are conspiracy theorists!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She has to stay , its messy enough now , just imagine how messy it will get if there is a leadership battle & probably a general election .... what ever way you voted , remain or leave , the decision (all be it by a small margin) was leave so stop the fudging about and deliver it should be the message to MP's who are supposed to carry out the peoples will.

Oh and by the way I am traditionally a Labour voter but I do want out of Europe just because they have done nothing for me except introduce stupid legislation and waste huge amounts of money but thats just my personal opinion.

Absolutely this. Another of the many, many Labour leavers here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here