Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Why on loan? He’d still be back up to Dunk and Duffy when he returned.

Erm, let me think. To get game time. Is Dunk going to be with us next season? He may be sold.

Think things through.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Erm, let me think. To get game time. Is Dunk going to be with us next season? He may be sold.

Think things through.

If Dunk is sold we’ll use the money to buy a better defender than Goldson. Goldson seems like a great bloke, but Duffy was bought as our major signing back in summer 2016 for a reason.

The SPL is a great move for him, and it’s great to see him doing well. Reserve football or loans aren’t what a player at his age needs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ever heard of strength in depth or injuries or suspensions or is it just 11 players that matter to you? Where have I ever said that Goldson was better than D & D?
A better option would have been for him to go out on loan. Not sell him for peanuts.

Did you ever consider the fact that Connor, after what he had been through, was desperate to play and the club accommodated that!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Did you ever consider the fact that Connor, after what he had been through, was desperate to play and the club accommodated that!

What the **** has that got to do with it? Of course he wanted to play. Good luck to him, he's a great guy and a great player. My main gripe was that he was sold for peanuts.

Stop arguing just for the sake of it. You don't sell your best players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What the **** has that got to do with it? Of course he wanted to play. Good luck to him, he's a great guy and a great player. My main gripe was that he was sold for peanuts.

He wasn't our best player though. Not even our best CB - and I always liked the lad, and follow his career at Rangers with interest. Maybe he was worth a bit more than we sold him for, but you're never going to get top dollar for a player who can't get into the team and never plays.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You may not have noticed but we currently have one of the most highly regarded centre back partnerships in what is considered to be the world's toughest league. Not only that, they are both chipping in with regular goals at last and are considered a constant menace at set pieces.

I'm chuffed to bits that Conor's move has worked out so well and loved watching him play at the Albion but he's in the right place to play regularly and kick on with his promising career.
Yep.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He wasn't our best player though. Not even our best CB - and I always liked the lad, and follow his career at Rangers with interest. Maybe he was worth a bit more than we sold him for, but you're never going to get top dollar for a player who can't get into the team and never plays.
Exactly. And he needed to play instead of sitting on the bench or playing for the U23 team.

He's better than the MTL but he's proving that. Fair play to him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don’t think we did.

Barely any PL minutes - no real evidence that he was one of our best players now - unproven at PL level
Way behind Dunk and Duffy, and probably behind Balogun who is an International regular
Virtually no chance of any game time this season

We did the right thing, he did the right thing. Glad it’s working out for him and hope he gets the chance to try to prove himself in a higher standard of football again at some point (sorry Sweaties [emoji23][emoji23])

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I see there's been a disgusting racist tweet about Conner , saw it on the rangers forum . Hopefully the culprit will be charged

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

We have D and D plus Balagun and Dunn in the pipeline. Connor was great for us but wasn't going to see out his career playing for the U23s.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shocking defending from Goldson sees Dundee take the lead.

That'll be why he was third or fourth choice here I'm afraid.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Perhaps he was out in Manchester last night.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010

yet someone on here was saying he was our best defender and we should never of sold him, people need to understand the Rangers are shite and anyone can look good at times in that league.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Never about Chris's judgement really. CG's situation was pretty unique. Major heart surgery, recovery and then a desperate desire to play - which the Albion could not give him. Also happened to be wanted by one of the biggest clubs in Britain (irrespective of the League) and managed by, and wanted by, a bona-fide playing legend. I know there's no room for sentiment in the football business but in this case a bit of it snuck in. Sure the club will have optioned a buy-back too.

He needed a move to get some game time, very pleased to note his success and hope it continues

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One mistake is hardly evidence that he's not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here