Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers for that, I think if they go down the firefighter route, it will be Moyes. He did save West Ham last year, but was God awful at Sunderland. I felt he didn’t get a fair crack of the whip at United. His relationship with Mr Tumble could provide entertainment for the rest of us though.
My opinion, for what it’s worth, they should go for Chris Wilder.

Wilder won’t leave United with them doing so well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope so, I said they should go for him, I don’t want them to get him!

It's not really the Parish way to go for a young, bright up-and-coming sort. A big glitzy name is what seems to always catch his eye and seduce him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hope so, I said they should go for him, I don’t want them to get him!

[emoji23][emoji23]

They’ll have to pay well over the odds to get someone to take on that shitshow. It’ll be someone who gets fired between now and when Roy gets fired.......they’ll appoint from the firefighters merry go round.

Mourinho would love to move back to London [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[emoji23][emoji23]

They’ll have to pay well over the odds to get someone to take on that shitshow. It’ll be someone who gets fired between now and when Roy gets fired.......they’ll appoint from the firefighters merry go round.

Mourinho would love to move back to London [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I thought they set fire tot things in Croydon not put them out

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Cheers for that, I think if they go down the firefighter route, it will be Moyes. He did save West Ham last year, but was God awful at Sunderland. I felt he didn’t get a fair crack of the whip at United. His relationship with Mr Tumble could provide entertainment for the rest of us though.

They do know that he once donned the blue and white stripes for the Albion, don’t they?
He wouldn’t lower his standards that much and join them!:D

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They do know that he once donned the blue and white stripes for the Albion, don’t they?
He wouldn’t lower his standards that much and join them!:D
He's also a really nice bloke. Met him at the cricket club a couple of times. Can't see him going to that shower of shite.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we don't pick up a point between now and Burnley, a defeat against them and he will be gone.

Wow a Nigel has shown up. I almost want to touch you to see if you are real. Where are all your other melts gone to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's not much else to say TBH.

Any chance you can ignore this question as well?

#cpfc has loads of 'no striker', 'no depth', 'no progress in the EPL'.

This is the team I'm sure we'd all like to forget:-

1 Julian Speroni
2 Joel Ward
27 Damien Delaney
33 Danny Gabbidon
21 Dean Moxey
8 Kagisho Dikgacoi
10 Owen Garvan
15 Mile Jedinak (c)
16 Wilfried Zaha
20 Jonny Williams
18 Aaron Wilbraham
Subs
34 Lewis Price
3 Jazz Richards
7 Yannick Bolasie
9 Kevin Phillips
22 Stuart O'Keefe
28 Peter Ramage
30 Andre Moritz

This is Saturday's team:-

13 Wayne Hennessey
29 Aaron Wan-Bissaka
5 James Tomkins
12 Mamadou Sakho
3 Patrick van Aanholt
18 James McArthur
4 Luka Milivojevic (c)
8 Cheikhou Kouyaté
15 Jeffrey Schlupp
10 Andros Townsend
11 Wilfried Zaha
Subs
14 Jordan Ayew
21 Connor Wickham
25 Sullay Kaikai
31 Vicente Guaita
34 Martin Kelly
42 Jason Puncheon
44 Jairo Riedewald

Which team is better?

It's a shame you happen to be the only palace fan we can ask these questions of, but I'm sure that'll all change soon. :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

Whats Gus up to? :)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
#cpfc has loads of 'no striker', 'no depth', 'no progress in the EPL'.

They've thrown so much money away.

This is the team I'm sure we'd all like to forget:-

1 Julian Speroni
2 Joel Ward
27 Damien Delaney
33 Danny Gabbidon
21 Dean Moxey
8 Kagisho Dikgacoi
10 Owen Garvan
15 Mile Jedinak (c)
16 Wilfried Zaha
20 Jonny Williams
18 Aaron Wilbraham
Subs
34 Lewis Price
3 Jazz Richards
7 Yannick Bolasie
9 Kevin Phillips
22 Stuart O'Keefe
28 Peter Ramage
30 Andre Moritz

This is today's team after the best part of £600,000,000 has rolled into the club:-

13 Wayne Hennessey
29 Aaron Wan-Bissaka
5 James Tomkins
12 Mamadou Sakho
3 Patrick van Aanholt
18 James McArthur
4 Luka Milivojevic (c)
8 Cheikhou Kouyaté
15 Jeffrey Schlupp
10 Andros Townsend
11 Wilfried Zaha
Subs
14 Jordan Ayew
21 Connor Wickham
25 Sullay Kaikai
31 Vicente Guaita
34 Martin Kelly
42 Jason Puncheon
44 Jairo Riedewald

I'll start with the no progress bit.

What most people mean by that is, the academy facilities have not improved since promotion, still no new stand/stadium, still making the same mistakes with transfers etc (not learning from our mistakes).

Yes we have thrown away lots of money (Kebe, Mutch, Adebayor's wages etc) and it's cost us.

Our bench on Sunday consisted of a Striker on loan from the Championship, a Striker who hadn't played in 2 years, a youth player who struggled in League 1 last season, a un-proven keeper from spain and 3 others who Championship clubs tried to sign in the summer. Not great for a team who's been in the Premier League for 6 seasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our bench on Sunday consisted of a Striker on loan from the Championship, a Striker who hadn't played in 2 years, a youth player who struggled in League 1 last season, a un-proven keeper from spain and 3 others who Championship clubs tried to sign in the summer. Not great for a team who's been in the Premier League for 6 seasons.

Wait? What do you mean 'unproven'?

The Spanish keeper was universally announced by Palace fans as a cast iron success - a massive coup - and a huge improvement on Hennessy*. What gives :shrug:

(To be fair, from what I've seen, the actual Wayne Hennessy of 2018 is a huge improvement on earlier efforts of Wayne Hennessy)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

What most people mean by that is, the academy facilities have not improved since promotion, still no new stand/stadium, still making the same mistakes with transfers etc (not learning from our mistakes).

Yes we have thrown away lots of money (Kebe, Mutch, Adebayor's wages etc) and it's cost us.

Fair play to you for such an honest assessment. Still healthy odds on to stay up but not much to be happy about at Palace these days.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Wait? What do you mean 'unproven'?

The Spanish keeper was universally announced by Palace fans as a cast iron success - a massive coup - and a huge improvement on Hennessy*. What gives :shrug:

(To be fair, from what I've seen, the actual Wayne Hennessy of 2018 is a huge improvement on earlier efforts of Wayne Hennessy)

Guaita came with a decent reputation. But Roy doesn't like to play players he's signed (2/3 he signed in January didn't play a single second).

Wayne has been better this season but IMO still isn't good enough.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Guaita came with a decent reputation. But Roy doesn't like to play players he's signed (2/3 he signed in January didn't play a single second).

Wayne has been better this season but IMO still isn't good enough.
He was shocking for Wales against Spain last week. It was quite reassuring.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You'll get ostracised by your usual CPFC counterparts on here for posting sensible views........

Despite all that you still won't go down this season (unless Mr Tumble leaves in January and doesn't get replaced, then you might be in deeper do-do) - there will be three worse teams.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

But you have new cladding at the training ground, that must be worth at least a goal a game :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here