Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - West Ham (H)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My point says no such thing. My point is that stats need context. If a pass has no outcome, tht's perfectly fine. Lots of passes fall into this category. When comparing performances, if one player has 20 passes and only one had a notable outcome, and another has 10 passes and 9 had a notable outcome, which one had the better performance? From those numbers alone you can't say. The number prove nothing.

My point is also that saying a player is anonymous is not the same as saying they did nothing, and as such showing that they did something doesn't counter the idea that they were anonymous.

And that's a fine argument. But none of that is 'proved' by the totalling of how many passes they made. The total number of passes made means little. It's in the conext of what those passes meant to the game, why those numbers are what they are, etc.

The original point was that most people were claiming that Propper had lost the ball a ton. My challenge was of that as he lost the ball the least of any of our team on Friday. And the stats I used back that up, but I didn't say anything more or anything less overall.

You and I are having a different argument altogether (and I'm not really sure why, as I'm not disagreeing that stats need context). However, in this situation, the stat I used backs up the point I'm making in that Propper barely lost the ball on Friday, despite the criticism in these ratings from many fans that he did.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been shocking for the last couple of matches

I reckon I've worked out the thinking behind Maty 'aimlessly' sailing the ball out over the opposition dug up.

It's a long con that was first planned when the away kit was chosen.
Maty spends most of the season booting the ball out.
Every player trudges over to that side of the pitch.

Then in March when we need a goal, once again 19 players wander in that direction.
Failing to notice Jose, laying half on the pitch, camouflaged by the green grass and white touchline.

Maty switches his kick.
The ball is launched in Nabraskaesque open space.
Jose jumps up after the ball.
Has a simple 1-on-1 against a bemused 'keeper.

Easy peasy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here