Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby fans think they're gonna get stuffed on Friday !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We have to attack from the get go and Murphy is crucial for this and why I think he was rested on Tuesday, he tore Reading a new one a couple of weeks ago and I fully expect us to attack and get at them early on and get that two goal advantage and swamp them.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yes.

Not sure where it's gone wrong for Derby, tipped them to go all the way this year. If they can sort out whatever needs sorting, they should be a candidate for promotion next year.

Think this quote has been said for the past 3 seasons at this time of year

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
They still have a lot of good players. Big wage bill which will be laying heavy on the owners. Another underperforming season.

So we know they could give us a really decent game. But their form and confidence is very fragile. Start fast like we did against the barcodes, early goal and it should be comfortable. But if we start as slowly as we have in the last 2 games, it could be a nervy one.

Derby fans have been subsidised for tickest and travel cost by the owners. Fair play to them, obviously means more will be there than we might otherwise expect.

PG

Not sure where it's gone wrong for Derby, tipped them to go all the way this year. If they can sort out whatever needs sorting, they should be a candidate for promotion next year.

See it as a Derby fan, you've spent shitloads on players to add to quality players you have there, you finished in the playoffs last year and would expect to push on with the money they've spent and be challenging for top two.

As it is, Pearson completely lost the plot there and Schteve is going to need time to sort out the mess. They have hugely underperformed this season. No wonder they are depressed. Wouldn't you be if we were in their position after how we finished last season?

Maybe, just maybe, it takes more than chucking money around, if you want to win promotion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They're 10 points off the play-off places with 10 matches to go. This match could literally go any way:

1) They give up and we win by two or three.
2) With the season effectively over and the pressure off they relax and play with a newfound freedom and end up turning us over.
3) We're edgy, they're angry - bad-tempered cardfest.

Altiplano

Mar 11, 2011
Brighton
I have it on good authority from a Derby supporting mate (with personal links to the club) that there is big unrest in the Derby dressing room. Players with huge egos, not playing for each other. Existing players demanding pay rises when new signings have come in on bigger wages. Supposedly the real problem is the owner, who is happy to pander to player demands and undermine the authority of the manager. Clement and Pearson both tried and failed to get rid of this culture in the dressing room and were ultimately binned off by the owner. The Derby Way!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I have it on good authority from a Derby supporting mate (with personal links to the club) that there is big unrest in the Derby dressing room. Players with huge egos, not playing for each other. Existing players demanding pay rises when new signings have come in on bigger wages. Supposedly the real problem is the owner, who is happy to pander to player demands and undermine the authority of the manager. Clement and Pearson both tried and failed to get rid of this culture in the dressing room and were ultimately binned off by the owner. The Derby Way!

This is entirely plausible IMHO. Happy to guess at some of the names who might be at the root - Johnson; Ince; Nugent.

PG

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm going with the Derby fans. C'mon Derby players, listen to your supporters. Roll over and die please.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
We have to attack from the get go and Murphy is crucial for this and why I think he was rested on Tuesday, he tore Reading a new one a couple of weeks ago and I fully expect us to attack and get at them early on and get that two goal advantage and swamp them.

Good on yer, to much negativity on this one, lets have a Reading type performance, bring on Solly for the last 20min. and finish them off!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
There is probably some truth in the "player unrest" theory at Derby - Jason Shackell forced through a move from Burnley in August 2015 to rejoin Derby with a substantial pay rise and a long-term deal for a a then 32-year-old.....he also said Derby had "a better chance of promotion" last season than Burnley.

For some time now, Shackell, who was welcomed back by fans like "The Prodigal Son", has been mainly an unused substitute.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here