Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk dons fans

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
This thread puts in my mind the Eastenders cliche of "Leave it, they're not worth it".

The £5.40 they got from me yesterday (45% of the £12 ticket price) is the first money they've ever received from me and is more than I'd like to give them, but they're not going to wind me up with a 'your support' chant. They've got to sing something and given that we were going through the motions yesterday that was an obvious one for them to come out with.

We're in the draw on Monday and our players had a fairly decent run out. Nothing else matters.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This thread puts in my mind the Eastenders cliche of "Leave it, they're not worth it".

The £5.40 they got from me yesterday (45% of the £12 ticket price) is the first money they've ever received from me and is more than I'd like to give them, but they're not going to wind me up with a 'your support' chant. They've got to sing something and given that we were going through the motions yesterday that was an obvious one for them to come out with.

We're in the draw on Monday and our players had a fairly decent run out. Nothing else matters.
They won't get £5.40 as VAT and stadium expenses will be deducted first from the £12 before the split.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So they brought 700 for their cup final. About 50 of them sang. Sporadically.

So they pipe up with "your support is ****ing shit". Erm, didn't we take 7,000 to the reverse fixture last season?

Then, with the game effectively over, a few home fans make for the exit (along with a good few MK) and they give it "loyal supporters". Erm, who exactly did you support before the franchise? Many of our fans that were there today we're travelling 75 miles to home games 14 years ago, before your tinpot, despisable outfit was even created.

Wankers

I still am travelling that for a home game!

Had to take my Dad back to Polegate after the game which meant a 214 mile round trip. They were a bit crap yesterday, I spent much of the second half explaining to my son about how we have nothing against the fans but the club are one of the worst things to happen to football in my life time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are nothing whatsoever to do with the Dons and just used it as a way to get a league team in Milton Keynes. During the summer prior to the start of their campaign in Div 2 next season they should drop the Dons from their name and become just Milton Keynes and add United.Athletic or whatever if they wish.i. As a team yesterday they were very poor but we can only beat what is in front of us.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are nothing whatsoever to do with the Dons and just used it as a way to get a league team in Milton Keynes. During the summer prior to the start of their campaign in Div 2 next season they should drop the Dons from their name and become just Milton Keynes and add United.Athletic or whatever if they wish.i. As a team yesterday they were very poor but we can only beat what is in front of us.
Good post and I would have thought rebranding as Milton Keynes United would enable them to put the past behind them and move forward without a hybrid identity. AFC Wimbledon have now caught them up, time for them to break the link totally ???

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Quite funny someone has spent the time cropping all those quotes.

A lot of them quite harsh but they have to be fairly used to it by now considering their history. Best to keep a low profile and let time do it's thing but nope, they seem quite comfortable and validated in having a pop at other clubs.

'A deplorable club like Fulham' .. I mean really… :shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

Hate that club, I have my own reasons. So satisfying to see the gap in class between us. How they can slag off our support is beyond me. All handed to them on a plate at the start, does not guarantee premier league football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good post and I would have thought rebranding as Milton Keynes United would enable them to put the past behind them and move forward without a hybrid identity. AFC Wimbledon have now caught them up, time for them to break the link totally ???

This. The fans of MK Dons are mostly residents of in or around Milton Keynes, supporting their local club. The way it got to Milton Keynes was despicable, but that's not the fans' fault. Time to drop the 'Dons' bit though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our support was probably f******g shite today as the North stand wasn't open due to club saving cash
End of
Like I said in the Mk dons tickets thread that's why I didn't go to today's game, I go to football not just to watch the football but to experience an atmos created by a home end Kop, which the club decided not to open for this fixture

It would probably have been better, atmosphere wise, if the South Stand was opened. The North Standers and The MK fans in the same end (separated by stewards) would have created some noise. (Not sure how much but more than yesterday)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hate that club, I have my own reasons. So satisfying to see the gap in class between us. How they can slag off our support is beyond me. All handed to them on a plate at the start, does not guarantee premier league football.

They won't have the brains to work out we used the game to give a run-out to squad players and those returning from injury and the club deliberately closed half the stadium because they knew we didn't give much of a **** about it. The fact the MOM was someone who hasn't set foot on the pitch in a competitive game for more than 3 months and only played 75 mins but ran the midfield tells the story really.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
View attachment 80938

Sussex Dons :ohmy: How many are there?

I remember, a good few years back, speaking to a couple of Wimbledon fans in the Burrell, Haywards Heath, who said that they were moving their support with the club to MK.

I didn't really have an answer for that. It was a short conversation.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
On a side note you can tell they're an invented football club they literally have a handful of songs and even their signing sounds odd. And I've watched many episodes of MK Fan TV to draw these conclusions.[/QUOTE]

Shut up ! MK fan TV?????????????????
your kidding you actually watched what all ten minutes of it ?---------whatever next !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I remember, a good few years back, speaking to a couple of Wimbledon fans in the Burrell, Haywards Heath, who said that they were moving their support with the club to MK.

I didn't really have an answer for that. It was a short conversation.

My son in law did the same. His reason was when they were ground sharing at Selhurst, the protestors swore at him, jostled him and spat at him, for simply wanting to watch his team play. He decided then not to join them.
For all the mockery and disdain of what happened, there are some MK fans who were original Wimbledon fans.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am sure there would not be a single problem with a Milton Keynes having a football team if they started at the bottom and worked their way up, as AFC Wimbledon have done. But to me, they will always be a stain on the football league table. Don't think that feeling towards them will ever go away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here