Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Happy New Year Cycling Geeks, anyone brave enough(or well enough) to venture out today? Combination of rain and last nights excesses did it for me , so I will have to wait for tomorrow to get my first ride of the year in

Look at the Strava group and the quite ridiculous way that [MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] chose to start the year. Incredible stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For anyone without Eurosport (me for one), I've just spotted that until the end of January they're doing 40 quid off of a years subscription to Eurosport player. 20 quid for the year is value I'm certainly prepared to pay. No more hunting around for streams all the time.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Looks like a few of us got some filthy miles in today.

Until it gets cleaner/drier I'm not sure how I'm going to get some climbing retraining going again.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
For anyone without Eurosport (me for one), I've just spotted that until the end of January they're doing 40 quid off of a years subscription to Eurosport player. 20 quid for the year is value I'm certainly prepared to pay. No more hunting around for streams all the time.

Yep, I went for this so that I can watch wherever I am - and there's loads of cycling shown on French Eurosport. A really good deal.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He is indeed one of those, but if you watch the video on that link where he opens a door on a cyclist, I'm not sure he's totally to blame there. Cyclist shouldn't be filtering up the inside like that really.

Yep, I'll give you that. I hadn't watched the video (my post was just about his comments) but have now. There's no way I'd go up the inside of those buses like that.

As an aside - the way he stands! I know it's a cheap shot, but do all Tory Toffs have to stand like that?

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Sorry chaps, I'm not with you on this one. I'd have been there, albeit a bit slower anticipating a ped to appear in front of the bus. You're getting close to the segregated cycle lane there to go round Parliament Square and I'd not have been patiently waiting for the traffic to clear.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi Geeks I'm after some noncycling advise, but can't be arsed to go through the trolling induced from creating it's own thread.

Lil Miss Stat goes to a primary school in a less affluent part of the next town.
She appeared after school with a classmate seemingly caught up in this.

This has coincided with last week Jnr Stat (just a couple of years older) clearing out his wardrobe draws etc, as we have all filled a couple of charity bags of old clothes.

The question being, how do we see if this lads family, who bar the customary 'yes he can come round' text message through Lil Miss we don't know, wants a big pile of clothes for the lad.
Without it seeming at best patronising or frankly just down right rude.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The question being, how do we see if this lads family, who bar the customary 'yes he can come round' text message through Lil Miss we don't know, wants a big pile of clothes for the lad.

"Hello, we've had a bit of a clear out of stuff and wondered if you know anyone who'd want it as its too good to bin and I can't be arsed to lug it to the charity shop. Do us a favour and take it away would you?"

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hi Geeks I'm after some noncycling advise, but can't be arsed to go through the trolling induced from creating it's own thread.

Lil Miss Stat goes to a primary school in a less affluent part of the next town.
She appeared after school with a classmate seemingly caught up in this.

This has coincided with last week Jnr Stat (just a couple of years older) clearing out his wardrobe draws etc, as we have all filled a couple of charity bags of old clothes.

If I could make any sense of your post I could perhaps give an opinion. Until then I can't help I'm afraid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I could make any sense of your post I could perhaps give an opinion. Until then I can't help I'm afraid.

Yeah sorry about that, when I went back to the post I realised I was being so PC I'd tied myself up in knots.

Never seen before school friend of daughter arrives on doorstep seemingly in desperate need of even the most basic provisions.
Upstairs, on the landing, is a charity bag full said provisions.

How do we get the bag to the kid without being, insensitive, patronising or down right rude to a family who we don't know and have never met.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good news for early season race viewing with the Tour Down Under starting this weekend:

Bike Channel UK will be broadcasting the race 'as live' each day at 3pm and 9pm (GMT). :clap:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Feeling very sorry for my self. Currently in Royal Berkshire hospital waiting for a CT scan. A motorcycle rode his bike in to my leg and knocked me of my bike on Wednesday on my commute Home. My leg has been getting more and more painful. Especially the hip and knee. Please people wear a helmet when on your bikes, at best it saved from a serious head injury, I don't like to think of the worst.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feeling very sorry for my self. Currently in Royal Berkshire hospital waiting for a CT scan. A motorcycle rode his bike in to my leg and knocked me of my bike on Wednesday on my commute Home. My leg has been getting more and more painful. Especially the hip and knee. Please people wear a helmet when on your bikes, at best it saved from a serious head injury, I don't like to think of the worst.
Blimey sorry to hear that, fingers crossed it's not serious.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Good news for early season race viewing with the Tour Down Under starting this weekend:

Bike Channel UK will be broadcasting the race 'as live' each day at 3pm and 9pm (GMT). :clap:

Gotta say, not enjoying this bike channel intrusion... Please just stick everything on Eurosport as I don't have freesat!

Not that I doubt the coverage is good if Ned is still involved.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Firstly, get well soon.

Secondly, whatever the arguments for and against helmets I will never forget the injuries a friend of mine suffered at the hands of an articulated lorry on shoreham high street, so I'm in.
Thankfully he slowly recovered and rides another day

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here