Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You keep saying this, do you know anything at all tor are you as clueless as the rest of us?

There are good clues throughout the thread. Seagullwedgee has been in the know with previous transfers, Hector the Argentinian tv journalist's tweets about our offer which was backed up by a screen shot of him on tv, before the club confirmed any interest. Of course nothing is 100% until the player is holding our shirt, but it's intriguing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't opened this thread for a week or more. However I had been told that Inter's interest was very speculative and that we were the only club to table a firm offer.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Which fits with what Hector has said on Twitter perfectly. I'll stick.with daring to.dream for now

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can someone with a knowledge of this guy give me a brief verdict on how how good he should be in the Championship? And how he'd fit into our team?

My knowledge is limited to seeing a few Youtube clips from him playing for Boca this season, but that reveals he looks the business. Quick, strong, tall, skilful and a great finisher. Perhaps more importantly, he's been playing up front with Carlos Tevez this season, and he's (I think) just turned 22. I suspect that he'll be extremely successful in Europe. I also think that we'd be a good option for him, in the short-term at least: he'll need to adapt to a shift in culture, and a different style of football; the best way to do that is in a team in a lower division, where you get the chance to play and prove yourself, as opposed to the Inter/Chelsea option where he may struggle to get on the bench in the short term. If he comes, and we don't go up, I'm sure there'll be a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for a reasonable sum; if we go up, we might get another season out of him and if he's really good, then he'll leave for a club challenging for Champions League football.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've heard the reason we gave Colunga the CHOP was to free up the number 27 shirt for Jonny boy. Apparently he outright REFUSED to come until it was made available, so Barber and Bloom did what they had to do.

Edit: Hence Collunga being BAFFLED
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13835990.Colunga_baffled_by_his_Albion_exit/

That was the last piece of the jigsaw required to make this deal happen.

Don't shoot messengers.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Calleri has started following Roberto Mancini and Javier Zanetti on Twitter.

Could be because he's going there, or it could be a bid to get their attention in the hope that they'll make a move for him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Calleri has started following Roberto Mancini and Javier Zanetti on Twitter.

Could be because he's going there, or it could be a bid to get their attention in the hope that they'll make a move for him.
Do you think that his dad/agent runs his Twitter account?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The way players get whored around by their agents is kinda gross.

Also, the fact a player can't decide what would be best career wise for himself is somewhat telling in respect of their mental capacity or lack thereof.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I haven't opened this thread for a week or more. However I had been told that Inter's interest was very speculative and that we were the only club to table a firm offer.

Shit, this might actually happen then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here