Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I first put my Vittoria's on I thought they were fantastic.
Having always been, like P, a Pro Race guy the Vittoria's felt quicker but with more grip.

They are still performing well and have been battered this winter, but they are definitely showing signs of fatigue now.

I may well get them again, because I'm a show pony and they are celeste walled, but as said before I don't think they are quite as 'all purpose' as I had hoped.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Vredestein Fortezza Tri comp. Not sure how many more times I have to say it but hey ho.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
I just wish I had the time to put in the rides that some people on here seem to do (and to be able to get to that level of fitness!).

Managed to get out on the TT bike at the weekend with the new saddle. Spent a bit more than I wanted to, but after trying a few went for a Specialized Sitero Pro which seems pretty good from my first ride. Fairly hard, but seems to support in the right places, especially down in the aero position. And no squashing!

However, I think that the cheapo stock wheels that I moved across to the bike are really not up to the job (and also not very true). The plan is to save up this year and get a set of wheels that I can switch between my road and TT bikes. Really can't justify that at the moment so looking for a set of wheels to get me through the season. Was thinking of just getting some Shimano R501s but would probably get some new tyres as well so came across this:-

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...l-10-11spd-wheel-package/shimwhfr706000000000

Seems like a bit of a bargain as the wheels themselves are more than that most other places. Certainly not expecting amazing things but guessing they should a good basic wheelset to run for a year. Anyone use Shimano RS21s or have any comments?

Thanks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calm down 1066, I'll be trying them next - £20 on a few sites.
There's just something about the name that stops me trying them.
Try as I might I just can't work it out.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
However, I think that the cheapo stock wheels that I moved across to the bike are really not up to the job (and also not very true). The plan is to save up this year and get a set of wheels that I can switch between my road and TT bikes. Really can't justify that at the moment so looking for a set of wheels to get me through the season. Was thinking of just getting some Shimano R501s but would probably get some new tyres as well so came across this:-

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...l-10-11spd-wheel-package/shimwhfr706000000000

Seems like a bit of a bargain as the wheels themselves are more than that most other places. Certainly not expecting amazing things but guessing they should a good basic wheelset to run for a year. Anyone use Shimano RS21s or have any comments?

Thanks

Looks a good deal but I don't know much about those wheels. I still swear by fulcrums - they are made in the same factory as campag wheels and I've had 7s and 3s.

The 7s can be had around 100 quid. I bought my 3s off ebay and looked virtually new.
There's just something about the name that stops me trying them.
Try as I might I just can't work it out.
As I've moved to the dark side now I'm OK with it. I bought a tri suit..... It's sleeveless..... Oh, the humanity!

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Looks a good deal but I don't know much about those wheels. I still swear by fulcrums - they are made in the same factory as campag wheels and I've had 7s and 3s.

The 7s can be had around 100 quid. I bought my 3s off ebay and looked virtually new.

Racing Three and Racing Zero's are top of the list for when I have some money. I'll have a think about Racing 7s - every time I look its seems to get more expensive so I need to be careful, especially as I want new tyres as well.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hmm. Think I dropped from 25s to 23s last summer. Had them on all winter and only tumbled off once and that was on a sheet of ice. I try not to push it at speed, so maybe that's why I have no grip issues. I'm still a bit simple really; its all about the grind. I can't be fannying about with tyre choice, warming up, stretching, checking wind direction and the like.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmm. Think I dropped from 25s to 23s last summer. Had them on all winter and only tumbled off once and that was on a sheet of ice. I try not to push it at speed, so maybe that's why I have no grip issues. I'm still a bit simple really; its all about the grind. I can't be fannying about with tyre choice, warming up, stretching, checking wind direction and the like.
Tyre choice - when new ones needed.
Warming up/Stretching - that's what the first 5 miles are for..
Wind direction - lol.
You do realise fannying about with wind direction consists of:-
'The wind is coming from there, that's the way I'm coming home'.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Wind direction - lol.

I must be getting old, it takes me a least 10 miles to warm up these days and by then I'm knackered. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Wind direction - lol.
I do tend to start my rides heading into the wind. Surely not just me?

The problem with that being from Newhaven that generally means heading out to sea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here