Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The albums thread - 2014

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's official - The War on Drugs are the Dire Straits it's ok to like. Or maybe now is the time to reappraise the Sultans of Swing. I admit that I purchased Love Over Gold when I was 13 - nothing else though.

Is anyone thinking of purchasing Mac DeMarco tomorrow? I think I'll try on Spotify first - not confident enough to buy before i try...

The Mac De Marco album has been streaming for a while - a google search should reveal something.

I can pretty confidently state that if you liked the last one, you'll like this one.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So the new EMA song "So Blonde" has been knocking around for a while. Her album "The Future's Void" is out next week and the follow up to "Past Life Martyred Saints," which is one of my favourite LP's of this decade

I wasn't totally on board to start with but it's got in my head now. Reminds me a bit of Courtney Love before it all went to her head, I'm assuming this will be the "poppiest" moment on the record.

Try and catch her live if you can, intense, slightly introverted but spellbinding performer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Try and catch her live if you can, intense, slightly introverted but spellbinding performer.

I saw her perform at TGE a few years ago, round the back of The Globe in a garage. I think I was waiting for someone else and caught her set accidentally. I agree with your comments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I saw her perform at TGE a few years ago, round the back of The Globe in a garage. I think I was waiting for someone else and caught her set accidentally. I agree with your comments.

That was the first time I "saw" her as well. She did a show toward the end of the Past Life Martyred Saints tour at Green Door Store and I was up close. Outstanding gig and a vulnrable, yet powerful performance. I think she's one of the best out there at the moment.

Her previous band Gowns are well worth a listen as well, massively under appreciated.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That was the first time I "saw" her as well. She did a show toward the end of the Past Life Martyred Saints tour at Green Door Store and I was up close. Outstanding gig and a vulnrable, yet powerful performance. I think she's one of the best out there at the moment.

Her previous band Gowns are well worth a listen as well, massively under appreciated.

I was at that Green Door show too. The only time I have seen her play. You and I must have been to the same gigs so many times and not known it. Hopefully she will tour again- the first album really was a winner.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
So the new EMA song "So Blonde" has been knocking around for a while. Her album "The Future's Void" is out next week and the follow up to "Past Life Martyred Saints," which is one of my favourite LP's of this decade

I wasn't totally on board to start with but it's got in my head now. Reminds me a bit of Courtney Love before it all went to her head, I'm assuming this will be the "poppiest" moment on the record.

I found that very anaemic particularly when compared to her first single of the forthcoming album
[yt]DvV1eYRKRNY[/yt]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Only doing four uk dates in a pretty extensive world tour. They are early June and the nearest to us is London.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am listening to this now, not having done so for a few months. I do like the live songs, but what I love about the 'parent album' is Jubilee Street, and the way that it drives the entire album, and this is absent from 'the offspring'.

Fair comment. As an aside when I saw him last year Jubilee Street was epic and he was in full-on preacher-Cave mood stalking the stage. I was out of breath by the end of the song.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Really looking forward to this being released. Read the spiel from Pip below the video on the actual YouTube page and take 6 minutes to spice up your life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here