Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I understand different cultures have brought many good things to Western Nations. I however cannot think of one thing this backwards shitfull ideology has brought to the west which has made those nations better for having it part of the native culture.

The Islamic world has contributed next to nothing to the scientific world for a thousand years.

What the **** does it offer any other nation with its presence?

And therein lies the problem. They may condemn the terrorists methods, but at the end of the day they share their ultimate aims - UK law being replaced by Sharia Law (and all that that entails - apostasy becoming a crime......and homosexuality, of course. And certainly not allowing teenage girls to attend decadent pop concerts like the one bombed last night) and ultimately Britain (or whatever western country the scumbag murdering terrorists are attacking art the time) to become a Muslim country.
Islamic teachings and laws should be purged from these shores. This religion has no place here.

We will have to put up with the usual hand holding from all faiths at the vigil tonight and the so called community leaders.

If these community leaders wish to be represented in media and public gatherings they should stand for election so they can legally speak for their kin.

Their preference for an Islamic way of life can be achieved over in the desert hovels of the middle east. Go their and oppress your women and girls. Here, we allow our young people to enjoy music and fun however much us older people criticise the music content and quality. It is their choice and we celebrate the freedoms.

Britain is a Christian country and we have a right to practice Christianity or ignore it if we wish. The radical Christians in this country are no more than individuals who proclaim the end of the world is nigh whilst wrapping themselves in a sandwich board.

England must be free of Islam and all those who preach for its dominance.
Come here by all means but renounce this garbage and become a free British citizen. Take your mosques and your oppressive views where they belong.

Rant over

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Isis claim responsibility

More on Islamic State’s claim of responsibility for the attack. “A soldier of the Caliphate managed to place explosive devises in the midst of gatherings of the Crusaders in the British City of Manchester,” its news service said.

What a complete and utter load of shite "Soldier" like feck he was.

Crusaders aged 7 at a pop concert...

If you honestly think you have struck a blow and gone into battle against 7 year old children your not fit to walk this earth.

I despair at some peoples reasoning and how they can logically square anything like this away in their heads be it here Syria, France or anywhere....

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I have no doubt that few of the Muslims that live in the UK are willing let alone capable of perpetrating such heinous crimes however there is the inescapable fact that Islam, like many forms of Christianity in times past, creates a difference between the believer and non-believer. Tolerance is essentially conditional and when push comes to shove does not permit a sitting on the fence about who's side you are really on. The fact that the vast majority of the victims of Muslim violence are other Muslims highlights the pernicious nature of the rhetoric and propaganda that can be drawn from religious interpretation.

However, the reason that very few so called Christians use violence to achieve their aims is because the West is increasingly secular, has replaced superstition with empirical evidence, is progressively tolerant and has stopped punishing people for breaking the moral codes of the Bible. Even highly sectarian conflicts like the Troubles have been largely consigned to history simply because people recognised you cannot go on forever with tit for tat violence.

I respect everyone's right to believe what they want to believe however it really is time for the so called moderate Muslim majority in this country to stand up and not only make their disgust at actions like this crystal clear but then work tirelessly to reform the aspects of their religion that allow people to develop such twisted views and consign the intolerance to the past.

Of course the West has it's part to play and there are the arguments around how the West has, and continues to behave in the affairs of other countries and cultures but the real change can only come from within.

It's not enough to keep claiming Islam is a religion of peace. Make it so.

That would be fair enough if the moderate Muslims had any influence over those that indulge in violence, but unfortunately they don't.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I understand different cultures have brought many good things to Western Nations. I however cannot think of one thing this backwards shitfull ideology has brought to the west which has made those nations better for having it part of the native culture.

The Islamic world has contributed next to nothing to the scientific world for a thousand years.

What the **** does it offer any other nation with its presence?

I know the answer - A huge headache to our security services.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I have no doubt that few of the Muslims that live in the UK are willing let alone capable of perpetrating such heinous crimes however there is the inescapable fact that Islam, like many forms of Christianity in times past, creates a difference between the believer and non-believer. Tolerance is essentially conditional and when push comes to shove does not permit a sitting on the fence about who's side you are really on. The fact that the vast majority of the victims of Muslim violence are other Muslims highlights the pernicious nature of the rhetoric and propaganda that can be drawn from religious interpretation.

However, the reason that very few so called Christians use violence to achieve their aims is because the West is increasingly secular, has replaced superstition with empirical evidence, is progressively tolerant and has stopped punishing people for breaking the moral codes of the Bible. Even highly sectarian conflicts like the Troubles have been largely consigned to history simply because people recognised you cannot go on forever with tit for tat violence.

I respect everyone's right to believe what they want to believe however it really is time for the so called moderate Muslim majority in this country to stand up and not only make their disgust at actions like this crystal clear but then work tirelessly to reform the aspects of their religion that allow people to develop such twisted views and consign the intolerance to the past.

Of course the West has it's part to play and there are the arguments around how the West has, and continues to behave in the affairs of other countries and cultures but the real change can only come from within.

It's not enough to keep claiming Islam is a religion of peace. Make it so.
Good post...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Off to Wembley with the family on Monday, and I can't help but feel nervous about navigating those big crowds outside the venue now.

I know people say to not to let the terrorists win and all that. But you can't help feeling nervous...

I think to feel nervous is perfectly natural ..but u will go ..to make sure those evil b****ds don't stop the freedom you enjoy

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There's reports of people posting fake tweets looking for the whereabouts of fake people.

The scum really does rise to the top at times of a crisis doesn't it.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
That would be fair enough if the moderate Muslims had any influence over those that indulge in violence, but unfortunately they don't.

True however the Bible has become essentially an impotent irrelevance for most since there was a critical mass of simply ignoring the stone age bits. There is no reason why those who claim a moderate view of the world back that up with actions and chuck out the stone age bits of the Koran. There are plenty of secular, nominal Jews and Christians who hold to certain traditions but have no real stake in an ideological view that means they foster intolerance let alone violence.

It took hundreds of years for Christianity to lose it's real power and relevance but the past 100 years or so saw a real acceleration. I believe that Muslims need to build that critical mass with Islam as well. They are 400 years behind but no real reason for them not to make a start.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To be fair neither has Christianity. Most of the advances in scientific knowledge have been made despite religious faith not because of it.

That's just not true. Plenty of christian learning facilities around the world have been involved in scientific advancement.

Granted it might not have been in certain fields but it didn't shut itself off completely from research and development.

Georges Lemaître is proof enough of that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand their reasoning for this and they have been quick to get these words out but there are parts of this that show exactly some of the issue-

´Prayers are with the victims´ - prayers to who exactly. the god that planned this, the god that let this happen, the god that did not intervene? Muslims believe that everything is part of gods plan so how can they condemn an attack that was allowed by their creator?
What? Many Christians also believe that everything is part of gods plan, that children that die young have been taken by god to be an angel or something. Your suggestion would mean that Muslims don't condemn when the west bomb the middle east, as it's all part of gods plan.

´Justice both in this life and next´. What justice in this life? the guy is dead. Justice in what after life? There is zero evidence of any afterlife whatsoever.
They believe in some form of life after death, so they comment on it, what do you expect them to do?

Surely the only way to progress is to leave religion behind altogether, the longer people continue to believe in a plan, an afterlife and that prayers will bring any kind of comfort to the families of the deceased then we cannot develop as a species.
We seem to have developed as a species pretty well so far. And I'm pretty anti religion.

The sentiment behind the statement is indeed good. My point is, how can you believe in gods plan/fate and then condemn the attack? Logically that makes no sense whatsoever.
Well yes, logically religion has never made any sense.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There's something on BBC sussex twitter about an easyjet plane being abandoned. Can't see much else about it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Islamic teachings and laws should be purged from these shores. This religion has no place here.

We will have to put up with the usual hand holding from all faiths at the vigil tonight and the so called community leaders.

If these community leaders wish to be represented in media and public gatherings they should stand for election so they can legally speak for their kin.

Their preference for an Islamic way of life can be achieved over in the desert hovels of the middle east. Go their and oppress your women and girls. Here, we allow our young people to enjoy music and fun however much us older people criticise the music content and quality. It is their choice and we celebrate the freedoms.

Britain is a Christian country and we have a right to practice Christianity or ignore it if we wish. The radical Christians in this country are no more than individuals who proclaim the end of the world is nigh whilst wrapping themselves in a sandwich board.

Come here by all means but renounce this garbage and become a free British citizen. Take your mosques and your oppressive views where they belong.

Rant over

So of the 1.5m muslims, born and raised in the UK, where are you sending them exactly if they don't renounce their faith?

Do you not think your views, to put it bluntly, are extreme?

I think you are going back to Elizabethan England if you're looking for someone to blame for Islam setting root in this country.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Rant over

No. It isn't. I find your ideology just as scary as theirs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here