Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton City centre road (North Street) to be closed for eight weeks

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
" Details of the roadworks set to bring central Brighton to a standstill have been revealed.

North Street, the city’s busiest bus route, will be closed to through traffic for eight weeks while it is resurfaced.

Southern Water is repairing damage caused by the replacement of Victorian water mains ten years ago.

The exact start date of work is still to be released, however the entire section of road between West Street and East Street will be closed except to residents and deliveries, from mid-September."

:lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Has there ever been a time when they HAVEN'T been doing roadworks on North Street?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The moanarati on on the Argus website are gutted as they can't pin this one on the Greens :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It was for gas mains a couple of years ago.

I spent 3 years working in an office on North Street (2008-11), and I reckon only about 6 months of that time they weren't digging up the road for something.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
September - October.
As the buses will all use the seafront, at least they've kept it away from the summer season and Christmas in North St. Unless it over-runs!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So it's to do with replacing the Victorian water mains 10 years ago? From what I can recall they said that work was meant to mean Southern wouldn't need to work on it for another 50 years or something? That panned out well.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So it's to do with replacing the Victorian water mains 10 years ago? From what I can recall they said that work was meant to mean Southern wouldn't need to work on it for another 50 years or something? That panned out well.

The work is resurfacing the road.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The work is resurfacing the road.

"Southern Water is repairing damage caused by the replacement of Victorian water mains ten years ago."

But I take your point, although if it's damage that was caused 10 years ago and it needs resurfacing now can it have been that bad?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here