Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Open-Top Bus parade

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Might get flamed here,but considered watching Pompey were the Albion to fold in 1998 after relegation.....

Here is the logic,Pompey and Albion are in the shadow of their respective rivals and both us and Pompey have potential to be far bigger than the pair of them too.

Nope you are fright,flame away..........i did say "considered" :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Putting aside local parochial rivalries irrelevant to those outside, it's been a great season for clubs along the Southern Coast of England:

BHA - Promotion, possibly Champions
Portsmouth - Champions
Southampton - League Cup Finalists - top 10 Premiership finish likely
Bournemouth - Premiership survival (currently 10th)
Exeter - Playoffs
Plymouth - Promotion

The South is rising.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Might get flamed here,but considered watching Pompey were the Albion to fold in 1998 after relegation.....

Here is the logic,Pompey and Albion are in the shadow of their respective rivals and both us and Pompey have potential to be far bigger than the pair of them too.

Heretic...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

:wrong:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not at all.

Brighton born and bred.

Just not sure why you would take any delight/pleasure in bouncing this thread. Pompey fans are huge bellends, when they won the FA cup by massively overspending they were making out that they were one of the biggest clubs in the country. They're celebrating winning league 2 like it's a massive achievement, utter morons.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Heretic...

Fancy word (very true),had to look it up.............anyway i was desperate on that final day at Hereford,all sorts crossed my mind.

I will be at the wall at 11am in the morning for execution. :timmy:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just not sure why you would take any delight/pleasure in bouncing this thread. Pompey fans are huge bellends, when they won the FA cup by massively overspending they were making out that they were one of the biggest clubs in the country. They're celebrating winning league 2 like it's a massive achievement, utter morons.

That's as maybe but the op was taking great delight at Pompey finishing third despite that not being the case. I did point that out at the time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
hey're celebrating winning league 2 like it's a massive achievement, utter morons.

Makes us morons then when we did back to back titles............maybe?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I should hope they are. Nothing like winning a title.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Makes us morons then when we did back to back titles............maybe?

Entirely different situation, Portsmouth should be a 2nd tier club at the very least with their infrastructure, and don't give me "it's not the fans fault they got put in that situation", most of them were lauding it when in the Prem despite being completely unsustainable. Just like Bournemouth of today.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Entirely different situation, Portsmouth should be a 2nd tier club at the very least with their infrastructure, and don't give me "it's not the fans fault they got put in that situation", most of them were lauding it when in the Prem despite being completely unsustainable. Just like Bournemouth of today.

Agree-I think Pompey should have been out of the league altogether,Aldershot springs to mind.....

I suppose no matter what other fans of other clubs go through though,very very few will have had to have gone through what we have had to endure,so whilst it's not the fault of the fans,they did have a right to laud it a little.......As for AFCB,well they have also had bad times and they too have a right to laud it,lastly so do we.......win the Division tomorrow and we have the most right of all to laud it.........somehow though i feel we will,because of our history be rather more gracious in glory..........

sahel

Jan 24, 2014

Dont you think you are being a bit silly. Fans do not run clubs and have no control over ownership. Brighton have only got where they are by spending TB's money and it is TB who decides how much to spend. If he went bankrupt, or had to cut back because his businesses were in trouble, the club would be in as much trouble as Portsmouth were. After all has he not provided the finance in the form of loans not equity. Same could be said of most clubs as most of them make big losses underwriten by owners who the fans know little about

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Dont you think you are being a bit silly. Fans do not run clubs and have no control over ownership. Brighton have only got where they are by spending TB's money and it is TB who decides how much to spend. If he went bankrupt, or had to cut back because his businesses were in trouble, the club would be in as much trouble as Portsmouth were. After all has he not provided the finance in the form of loans not equity. Same could be said of most clubs as most of them make big losses underwriten by owners who the fans know little about

Call them that if you may.But yes agree,that's why we (on here) are all genuinely so thankful to him.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Will the players pay for the buses or the club pay the usual 2p in the £

It's £4.20 for an all day ticket.

Fancy word (very true),had to look it up.............anyway i was desperate on that final day at Hereford,all sorts crossed my mind.

I will be at the wall at 11am in the morning for execution. :timmy:

Are Millwall still carrying out executions?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's £4.20 for an all day ticket.

Are Millwall still carrying out executions?

:lolol: Sussex being not far from Hant's and fares similar i assume, one could find out for little as £4.20

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here