Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham FC Planning Application - finally APPROVED

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surprised that Crawley & Horsham haven't done a ground share?

Although as a Tony Smith's Sports Ball Boy at Queen St in the early 70s, I can understand why it hasn't happened, they never really got on. Horsham have struggled for years and without a home will continue to do so. It's a real shame as it did seem like this latest plan was very workable.

Very sad day for the club, especially as the council helped select the site in the first place. Had great memories of watching football at Queen Street growing up, they were usually one of the top non league Sussex sides then. I agree that it should not be forgotten how they sold their Queen Street ground before having somewhere to move to. Where have we heard that one before?

Agree completely - shameful really - bloody local politicians think they own the place....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could they not ground share with Broadbridge Heath and develop the ground near Tesco.?

Apparantly not. They looked into this very possibility, (along with many others), when I was on the Horsham Committee, at the time they moved out of Queen Street back in 2008. There was certainly a valid reason as to why they were not able to, although what it was escapes me now.

Apparantly not. They looked into this very possibility, (along with many others), when I was on the Horsham Committee, at the time they moved out of Queen Street back in 2008. There was certainly a valid reason as to why they were not able to, although what it was escapes me now.

Wasn't HDC intending to close down the BH Leisure Centre at that time and, as a consequence, evict the football club etc?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasn't HDC intending to close down the BH Leisure Centre at that time and, as a consequence, evict the football club etc?

I thought that it was built by Tesco as a sweetener to get permission for the Tesco store the same as The Spectrum in Guildford.

I noticed the title changed has the decision been reversed and approved?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Having not lived in Horsham for over 20 years could someone explain where it will be - Hop Oast site means nothing to me.

Yoda

English & European

They've unfortunately succeeded in doing so with any Indoor Athletics training/competitions within Sussex (let alone Horsham). :(

The nearest facility to where I am is now Sutton (a 2 1/2 hour, up to a 3 hour round trip).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So could they not ground share the new ground.

I'm sure they could in theory likewise I'm sure they could extend their lease with YMCA......in theory. But they've just got planning permission to build a new one so they won't. Great news IMO clubs need their own identity and ways of generating their own revenue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure they could in theory likewise I'm sure they could extend their lease with YMCA......in theory. But they've just got planning permission to build a new one so they won't. Great news IMO clubs need their own identity and ways of generating their own revenue.

Horsham YMCA have already said that they were not prepared to continue with the groundshare after the end of this season, so if planning approval hadn't been granted last night, Horsham would have been in serious trouble.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I noticed the title changed has the decision been reversed and approved?

This thread was started in January 2015 when a previous application was rejected. Yesterday in my twitter timeline I saw that a different application had been approved - I added it to this thread (post #24) as I thought it was the most appropriate place to post it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here