Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone have an old style Xbox 360 I could borrow for an hour?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Great thread! I have a Sega mega drive that is both no use to you and as it's the wife's she won't lend it to you anyway. Do I win a prize?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I have old style you can borrow for a few days, I'm in Hove so drop me a PM.

Attachments

• 360.jpg
    360.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 286

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have old style you can borrow for a few days, I'm in Hove so drop me a PM.
Perfect!!! Yes please.

PM on the way

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've got one that's pretty similar and might work for you. I also live in Sheffield, my son plays on it quite a lot and I won't lend it to anyone. Hope this helps.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I wish I'd seen this thread before Trig found his saviour. That way I could have just said I don't have one. Now I have to say both that I don't have one and that I'm too late any way. Hope that helps Trig.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm hoping that every forum member that can't lend me a 360 will post on here :)

I don't have one you could borrow. However the previous tenants did leave a PS2 in my wardrobe. it doesnt have a power cable or controllers or games if that helps. I'm friends with the ex tenants still and I dont think they'd let me lend it to you however you can buy it if you can collect. Say 40GBP? I'm in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa. Also I'd probably need to wait a while until the exchange rate changes a bit, the Rand is very weak right now so you can have it for 60 or take a punt and hold on till probably November?

Hope that helps

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Ohhhh wait did you say an OLD STYLE Xbox 360?

Cos I just went and checked and I definitely haven't got one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can just picture one of spence's neighbours knocking on the door and asking if he has a car tyre inflator they can borrow, just so they can get their car to the local tyre shop:

"Yes I've got an automatic one, it's really good but I don't lend it out because all my stuff is extremely well looked after."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If not already mentioned, you'll need one of these:
$_35.JPG

to transfer to new hard drive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1418...rlsatarget=pla-156022140786&adtype=pla&crdt=0
Thanks - I'm aware of those, but I'm not sure it will fix my problem.

The main issue is the save game of minecraft, which the kids have put a lot of hours into. I've got the save on a memory stick, but the new Xbox won't let me use it, as it was created under a different (non Live) profile. I've tried creating a profile of the same name but it doesn't work. I don't know if I can fix the problem to be honest. I'll try copying the profile and putting it on the new console. I'd also like to try loading the game (with the old style 360) and uploading the save to the cloud, but since the profile doesn't have Live that might not work.

Maybe I need a couple of day Live trial, so I can register the account on Live, upload the save then download it to the new console. I don't know, I need to try a few things.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I have the model you require and I'd be happy to drive to you with it. Unfortunately, I live on the Southwick part of Mile Oak Road so just outside of your catchment area of Brighton & Hove. I'm in Adur see by about 10 yards. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Thanks - I'm aware of those, but I'm not sure it will fix my problem.

The main issue is the save game of minecraft, which the kids have put a lot of hours into. I've got the save on a memory stick, but the new Xbox won't let me use it, as it was created under a different (non Live) profile. I've tried creating a profile of the same name but it doesn't work. I don't know if I can fix the problem to be honest. I'll try copying the profile and putting it on the new console. I'd also like to try loading the game (with the old style 360) and uploading the save to the cloud, but since the profile doesn't have Live that might not work.

Maybe I need a couple of day Live trial, so I can register the account on Live, upload the save then download it to the new console. I don't know, I need to try a few things.

All save games are generally locked to the console/profile it was saved on (unless as you have already said its saved in the cloud, then any console you sign in on will access the save game). Getting another 360 may not help you as it will still be a different console ID.

There are programs for the PC that will be able to read the 360 formatted memory stick (if you mean a USB stick rather than one of the proper XBOX memory cards) and they will be able to resign the save game to work with a newly created profile which should then let you reuse the save. You may be lucky if you have a copy of the profile saved though as transferring the profile (which is probably saved on the hard drive rather than the stick) to the new console may relink the save as well.

Another trick to try is wrap the faulty 360 in a towel therefore blocking all the air vents and power it on laid flat until it feels really hot. this can melt the solder under the processor chip and reattach it but its not a long term fix and carries its own risk. Have a look on google for red ring fixes for more info

Chucky_78

Banned
Jan 30, 2012
He's solved the issue, so we can all stop worrying. We were worrying right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
4948872800204_l.jpg

I just found one of these in my drawer - its an amazing device that allows you to play saved games on other consoles, which would seem to be the answer to your problem. I'm in Portslade, but I'm not allowed to answer the door after 8pm. PM me if you're interested and I'll lend it to you, as long as you're careful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here