Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TB fans forum

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Currently the capacity isn't 31,000. I'm suggesting that it should be a bit over that in the future.

I find it strange that 30,400 is just right, but 31,400 is well over the top and should never even be considered.

I think the North could look better, one just has to look at the construction pictures to see that there is enough room for at least 10 rows without uprooting the concrete trusts (I think that's what they're called) that hold the two arches up.

You obviously didn't visit Withdean, it would have been far too small, positively tinpot in fact.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They've done really well to shoe-horn a few extra seats into the corners, but the North stand was clearly not designed to be expanded, certainly not in terms of an extra tier (absolutely nuts), or going any further back. It would take such a major structural upheaval I just cannot see it being viable.

Deffo not possible for an extra tier but it is possible to extend it. Behind the back wall of the North stand is just offices. It would be possible to extend several rows up there. Not saying they should but it is possible.

More than likely reckon they'd add more boxes/corporate spaces to Amex if they were going to add anything as would generate most money for the club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Deffo not possible for an extra tier but it is possible to extend it. Behind the back wall of the North stand is just offices. It would be possible to extend several rows up there. Not saying they should but it is possible.

More than likely reckon they'd add more boxes/corporate spaces to Amex if they were going to add anything as would generate most money for the club.

I think we also need to bear in mind what it will be like if things go rapidly downhill, and we are playing in League 2 in the not too distant future. The Amex is a soulless place with very few people in it.

For people who think there is little atmosphere now, well it would be akin to sitting in a graveyard then.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
There is the potential for something to be added to the back of the Northstand but it’s not likely to be 1000+ seats as an expansion to existing seating. Far more likely to be another bar/hospitality area like that which was added to South stand with maybe 200 seats on a small shelf extension. Also potential for another small area in NE corner in a similar style to SE addition last year. So maybe another 250 to 300 seats in total. But is the payback worth it?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think we also need to bear in mind what it will be like if things go rapidly downhill, and we are playing in League 2 in the not too distant future. The Amex is a soulless place with very few people in it.

For people who think there is little atmosphere now, well it would be akin to sitting in a graveyard then.

Of course I went to Withdean, and I knew the potential of the club.

League 2? Now that is pessimistic. That could happen to any club and they would have an half empty stadium. I don't see how adding 750 or so seats would make much difference in that scenario.

I'm not saying it should be done now, I was just showing what it could look like as I think it looks better.

One of the best atmospheres we've had was Palace at home in the cup and that was pretty much half empty.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Of course I went to Withdean, and I knew the potential of the club

The potential of the club was already there at the Goldstone, asleep mind you.
But was never really given the chance, thanks to those two f⊙ckwits, Bellotti and Archer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here