Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Favourite BHAFC Chant

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Nope, same song and is sung at most games it just doesn't travel, presumably because many people do not know the words in our bumper away crowds and/or are too busy winging off an albiyawn every 2 minutes and can't hear it. In fairness, people sing it in different ways and have done for as long as I can remember. As follows:

All/Oh the lads, should've seen us coming
Everywhere was blue and white and everyone was running
All the lads and lasses, all with/the smiling faces
Going down the/old shoreham road, to see the Brighton aces

There are other variants but you get the jist.

This is by far my favourite but seems so rarely sung.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We were talking at the Spurs game as they bleated on and on about a stadium they don't have anymore that we don't have a song that mentions the Amex or the journey from the Goldstone to where we are. A catchy, easy to hear ditty about the wilderness years and arriving at the Amex could be a real classic.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
SBTS, especially when sung at away games and carrying on into verse two

At long long last most people are actually singing stand and fall now

Its the only song that is unique to us and cannot be copied and when sung loud and proud its brilliant

One of the best bits of the season was watching the play back of the Arsenal away game and at the end of the game all you could hear was STBS

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Good shot. It's not hard to get that one wrong.

I did! I must've been 12 or 13 as Mike Small was playing for us. I was desperate to start a song in the north stand and was shouting GIVE US A B repeatedly, which eventually people answered, then Mike Small breaks through on goal but doesn't score which distracted me at I. The north stand followed me in spelling BRITON with some puzzled looks, which was quickly followed by DOES YOUR TEACHER KNOW YOU'RE HERE!?

Needless to say, I was mortified!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The 'I CAN'T READ AND I CAN'T WRITE' chant that we always sung to Ipswich and the like was rather appropriately my favourite.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Not BHA I know, but these are amusing.

1. "His name is Rio and he watches from the stand"
Rio Ferdinand faced this chant after he was banned for missing a drugs test in 2003, sung to the tune of 'Rio' by Duran Duran

2. "When you're sat in row Z, and the ball hits your head, that's Zamora, that’s Zamora"
Fulham supporters on former goal-shy striker Bobby Zamora, sung to the tune of Dean Martin's 'That's Amore'

3. "You should have stayed on the telly"
Alan Shearer suffered this chant when he stopped working on Match of the Day to take charge of Newcastle, but wasn't able to save them from being relegated

4. "He's fast, he's red, he talks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane"
Liverpool fans salute their striker

5. "Your teeth are offside, your teeth are offside, Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside"
Manchester United fans singing about Liverpool forward Luis Suarez's large gnashers

6. "Deep fry yer pizzas, we're gonna deep fry yer pizzas"
Scotland fans made this threat against Italy's cuisine in a Fifa World Cup qualifier in March 2007

7. "Chelsea, wherever you may be, keep your wife from John Terry"
Sung to the tune of 'Lord of the Dance', Chelsea fans salute their Captain after his affair with former team-mate Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend

8. "John Carew, Carew. He likes a lap-dance or two. He might even pay for you. John Carew, Carew"
Sung to the tune of 'Que Sera Sera' by Doris Day, this was the Villa fans' tribute to their player after he was caught visiting a gentlemen's club in 2008

9. "Fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy"
The Newcastle United fans heckling Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink back in his Chelsea days

10. "You only live round the corner"
Fulham fans sing to Manchester United supporters during their 2-0 win in the 2008/9 season

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Not BHA I know, but these are amusing.

1. "His name is Rio and he watches from the stand"
Rio Ferdinand faced this chant after he was banned for missing a drugs test in 2003, sung to the tune of 'Rio' by Duran Duran

2. "When you're sat in row Z, and the ball hits your head, that's Zamora, that’s Zamora"
Fulham supporters on former goal-shy striker Bobby Zamora, sung to the tune of Dean Martin's 'That's Amore'

3. "You should have stayed on the telly"
Alan Shearer suffered this chant when he stopped working on Match of the Day to take charge of Newcastle, but wasn't able to save them from being relegated

4. "He's fast, he's red, he talks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane"
Liverpool fans salute their striker

5. "Your teeth are offside, your teeth are offside, Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside"
Manchester United fans singing about Liverpool forward Luis Suarez's large gnashers

6. "Deep fry yer pizzas, we're gonna deep fry yer pizzas"
Scotland fans made this threat against Italy's cuisine in a Fifa World Cup qualifier in March 2007

7. "Chelsea, wherever you may be, keep your wife from John Terry"
Sung to the tune of 'Lord of the Dance', Chelsea fans salute their Captain after his affair with former team-mate Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend

8. "John Carew, Carew. He likes a lap-dance or two. He might even pay for you. John Carew, Carew"
Sung to the tune of 'Que Sera Sera' by Doris Day, this was the Villa fans' tribute to their player after he was caught visiting a gentlemen's club in 2008

9. "Fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy"
The Newcastle United fans heckling Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink back in his Chelsea days

10. "You only live round the corner"
Fulham fans sing to Manchester United supporters during their 2-0 win in the 2008/9 season

Some good ones there

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/v...ge=1365411896&fr2=p:s,v:v&fr=yhs-invalid&tt=b

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Talking of mentioning scores.......totally non-PC but after all the homophobic chants at us I always loved 1-0 to the batty boys

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
If we’re talking favourite Albion player songs I really miss the BFG’s....sung to the lion sleeps tonight

“Who’s the German, the mighty German, it’s Uwe Huenemeier, etc”.....I think it proved a bit too tricky for some with the high pitched “oooweeeee oooeeeeoooh Uwe Heunemeier” :lol::lol::lol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I heard one to Sloop John B once. It was such a brilliant idea to use that tune for a chant. We should use it more often.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
4. "He's fast, he's red, he talks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane" reminds me of "He's long, he's red, his feet stick out the bed, Peter Crouch" - also from our friends in the Spion Kop.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is USELESS without a poll.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports