Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benteke - Roy up the road not happy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would Roy please let him come to us in January? He gave Dunk a torrid time down here, love to have a forward like him

Not sure I agree that a player who had a good game and missed a penalty he shouldn’t have taken would be booed off the pitch at the Amex?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Would Roy please let him come to us in January? He gave Dunk a torrid time down here, love to have a forward like him

Not sure I agree that a player who had a good game and missed a penalty he shouldn’t have taken would be booed off the pitch at the Amex?

1. Benteke was woeful against us
2. Ashley Barnes was booed off the pitch at the Amex after missing a penalty

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. Benteke was woeful against us
2. Ashley Barnes was booed off the pitch at the Amex after missing a penalty

1) He wasn’t
2) I don’t recall this but must have been a minority

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
?

Which game was that as it certainly wasnt the recent league game as he was awful and never made Dunk or Duffy break sweat. I certainly wouldnt want to pay £30m for him like Palace did.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Benteke is a typical journeyman footballer who was once good but then got paid way too much and settled into the comfort zone. He really made his name at Villa, got his big money move to Liverpool and since then hasn’t given a shit. Bloke on the radio reckons he is on £120k a week. If that is true Palace are being totally mugged off. He isn’t even worth half of that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You watched a different game to me, he won just about everything in the air

but thats all he did. does nothing with it though, doesnt follow up the attack. he was good once, but must be so demoralised at Palace he can do it anymore.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Which game was that as it certainly wasnt the recent league game as he was awful and never made Dunk or Duffy break sweat. I certainly wouldnt want to pay £30m for him like Palace did.

I’d say they broke sweat losing every header as [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] rightly points out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure they're loving their expensive marquee striker that we could only dream of having right now...

[tweet]939587743415496705[/tweet]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have to say that really cheered me up after our woeful performance on saturday. Never a pen anyway, and as for the first one......

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
https://youtu.be/EbhN7tLZAvk

A24A681D-C185-4AEB-9E13-1C351EC0CE30.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here