Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Here to Help" assistant

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
why all the negativity and piss taking? what's wrong with offering a bit of work to a Albion fan?

Get real - in this day and age it worth having as many people as possible interacting with our visitors in a friendly way.

Are you the same people who moaned about getting searched on entry?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or maybe they could just put yet more signs up? Jeez! Why does the club have to go knee-jerk head-mental just because we got promoted to the Premier League? Exactly what kind of mutants are we expecting who can't find their way around a roundish football stadium? Sake!

:moo: PST?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
"High performing individuals" is just the kind of meaningless management gobbledegook that gets Barber and co a bad reputation. What on earth is a "high performing individual"?

A high performing individual sounds to me like someone who excels in their field and probably earns a little more than £8 something an hour.

SAC

May 21, 2014
why all the negativity and piss taking? what's wrong with offering a bit of work to a Albion fan?

Get real - in this day and age it worth having as many people as possible interacting with our visitors in a friendly way.

I think the problem is the massive piss-take when it happened up the road five years ago,

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Too right I know of one poster who would definitely take up the offer if he was located in Dicks Bar

On a serious note I agree with you

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Role Purpose:
'To be positioned inside and outside of the stadium on a Matchday and be
available to help, offer a friendly face, accurate information and support to
all attending the American Express Community Stadium.'

Couldn't the club just offer existing stewards an extra quid an hour to offer a friendly face and provide accurate information? :moo:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Role Purpose:

Couldn't the club just offer existing stewards an extra quid an hour to offer a friendly face and provide accurate information? :moo:

An extra quid won't give them interpersonal skills and remove their desire to hurt people. :)

or more seriously, the stewards are there to keep everyone safe, including preventing people from entering the stadium will malicious intent (and objects). I'd rather let them do THAT job properly.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Role Purpose:

They could have and probably considered it but felt it wasn't the right thing to do. Clearly they should have consulted individuals who don't have a clue what's required.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure why it's take-the-piss worthy, although I have no recollection of the Palace stuff.

I imagine it will appeal to some who'll see it as doing a bit of a good turn whilst earning a fair chunk of their season ticket outlay.

I agree

I think it's a brilliant idea and great for someone who likes to take youngsters to the matches early for them to get photos with the players and things like that.

Although I can't help but think. the ground is fairly well sign posted already

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If this role meant you weren't able to drink before the game, I'd also save around £330 per season in this role, so I'd actually be on something like £800 gross, which is tempting...

That's exactly what I thought when I got the email too. :lolol:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
£401.38 gross per season

Pay me in beer, before I start work, and I'll have a bash. I can only deal with simpletons whilst inebriated, otherwise I'd come out with sarcastic comments like "oh, the toilets.. yes, they'll be the rectangular holes in the wall you walk through called 'entrances' with 'TOILETS' written above them. You don't need Lionel Blair and Una Stubbs to give you any more clues, do you?"

Otherwise, not for me.

I think the club are trying to emulate the O2 'Angels' in some way?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I very briefly considered it but it says it would suit STH so assuming you can watch the game when you have finished, but as many dont leave the pub in time to see kick off. I would miss some of the game, which I dont want to do. So no from me.

Maybe you should have clicked on the link

b8336be5eb9a3cab95bb95a407b21786-0.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This is speaking to me and plays to my strengths of high performance and excellence. However, it would interrupt my pre-game rituals and make us lose. We'll need all the home points we can muster, so I think this is tempting fate - in a word, it's not for me.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If you haven't read the job spec, it does state:

"This role will not suit those who are not resident in Brighton all year."

Luckily for Harvey's they won't be losing any pre-match revenue from me next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here