Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sorry but these are exactly the sorts of questions that need asking.

not really, cheap, topical crowd pleaser. would 5, 10, 15000 more armed police make a difference? do you want to have armed police on every street? these are the sort of questions that need asking, and when we do, generally we answer probably not and no.

fact is the current threats need intelligence lead policing/security, which has been increasing. ideals about having 20k more police "out in the community" isnt going to stop a couple of chaps in their front room plan their atrocity. we need to separate regular policing from dealing with terrorist threats.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He represents popular media and he's been successful. He's has an opportunist at every turn

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah i concur with both sides on this. He is a complete tool of the highest order, who has done some awful things in his career, but whose bluster, arrogance and sense of righteousness occasionally hits upon a valid target and gets a decent result.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think he is a great interviewer but personally as a person and his views I think he is an absolute Pr!ck

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Self publicist, but not as asinine as Kelvin McKenzie, asks arguably a sensibe question among his usual hyperbole, and someone (who ought to know better after past activity, but clearly doesn't) starts a thread on it. Hmmm... As I mentioned some time ago, thread starting is an art, and I am smart enough to realise (after some poor fails) that I'm not good at it. OP, seriously, thread starting is probably not the right undertaking for you . . . .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If we are privy to hear a hundred or so opinions of one vociferous individual in a week, you are bound to agree with some of them. Overall, he's a venomous turd.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not everyone's cup of tea and like all of us flawed in some ways, but at times like these a superb broadcaster, who certainly won't duck an issue, however contentious or controversial.

And at other times a complete CJTC - still awaiting his apology over his twatish comments to Ariana Grande but he's not man enough to ever admit he's wrong. Can't stand the idiot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
not really, cheap, topical crowd pleaser. would 5, 10, 15000 more armed police make a difference? do you want to have armed police on every street? these are the sort of questions that need asking, and when we do, generally we answer probably not and no.

fact is the current threats need intelligence lead policing/security, which has been increasing. ideals about having 20k more police "out in the community" isnt going to stop a couple of chaps in their front room plan their atrocity. we need to separate regular policing from dealing with terrorist threats.

Where did you get a specific from "sorts of questions" and "funding"? Does intelligence led policing not cost?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Getting back to his journalistic roots by the sound of it, then? Good if that is the case, because that's when I had some respect for him.

Since then he comes across as an antagonistic, provocative and egotistical individual who seems to thrive off the attention. Fair enough take a side and express an opinion, but to do so to SUCH an extreme (I'm thinking KP, women's marches, Trump, Grande) just isn't necessary.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Can't stand the smug, supercilious bell cheese. I believe that Islam apologists would be scared of him though.

Andrew Neil is a much more cutting interviewer.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Not everyone's cup of tea and like all of us flawed in some ways, but at times like these a superb broadcaster, who certainly won't duck an issue, however contentious or controversial.

You've gone down in my estimations.

Can you please remind yourself of his professional history before lazily lobbing in the tired old cliché "like all of us flawed"?

Thanks.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
You've gone down in my estimations.

Can you please remind yourself of his professional history before lazily lobbing in the tired old cliché "like all of us flawed"?

Thanks.

I have a friend who illustrates this sort of thinking (different scale of course) by saying;

"Compared to Hitler, Mussolini was a nice man"

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah i concur with both sides on this. He is a complete tool of the highest order, who has done some awful things in his career, but whose bluster, arrogance and sense of righteousness occasionally hits upon a valid target and gets a decent result.

Very well put.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Tedious supercilious demagogue whose aim isn't to get to a truth, but to promote his "brand".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here