Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert, so it starts

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
They offer him 50k or more a week and his head would be turned I am sure.

we wont sell though.

75,000,000 covers the wage bill of 30 players on 50k per week.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The lad's only 25. Why not resist all offers for another year or two? He can only improve. In particular he can only improve on the number of away games where he fails to make much of an impact for whatever reason.

Yes, fair point. On his day, charging at the North Stand he is virtually unplayable, but needs to improve on this form rather more consistently away from home.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If they offer us enough, and pay him enough, he will go. Otherwise, he won't.

That is the way that these things work.

I'm just glad we got promoted, because we'd have no chance of keeping him if we hadn't.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they offer us enough, and pay him enough, he will go. Otherwise, he won't.

That is the way that these things work.

I'm just glad we got promoted, because we'd have no chance of keeping him if we hadn't.

If we'd failed to go up it would have been a fire sale come the summer.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I can imagine that this will be a very unpopular statement, but i think i would seriously consider selling for 20m. I can imagine Knockaert may well become frustrated in the prem, out muscled and have a reduced role. I don't think for a second however that we will sell. I would be more concerned losing, stephens, dunk, duffy or even March. Don't get me wrong i have enjoyed watching Knockaert enormously, i'm just not sure his game is that suited to the premier league.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can imagine that this will be a very unpopular statement, but i think i would seriously consider selling for 20m. I can imagine Knockaert may well become frustrated in the prem, out muscled and have a reduced role. I don't think for a second however that we will sell. I would be more concerned losing, stephens, dunk, duffy or even March. Don't get me wrong i have enjoyed watching Knockaert enormously, i'm just not sure his game is that suited to the premier league.

I'm almost scared to admit it, but I think I agree.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The whole POINT of a transfer is that the buying team offer an amount which you simply cannot resist for that asset.

£20m, when we are a prem team, is not irresistible for our best player when teams can demand £15m for a player in the Championship.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

If his game is not suited then we better change the entire 11.
Sure its going to be tougher for him, he will be a marked man, we will have less ball, therfore he will have less influence.

Its now down to the club/manager/scouting to get 4 or 5 really good players in to make sure we still get the best out of Knockaert and our other players so they can step up.

Worrying about Knockaert and his ability to play in the premier league is the least of our concerns on the pitch

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tend to agree a bit, but important to note he's not the finished article yet (and still young). Since leaving Leicester, he's improved (according to Leicester fans) and seemingly added a ton of defensive nouse (and effort) to his game, but still needs to work on his decision-making (some games - Brentford away for example - he gets this right, others not so much), both in attack and defence. I reckon he'll continue to improve for another season or two at least yet. Keeping Sam fit, and/or signing another similar type to be running ahead of him will be key for us and Knocky. Can't see us selling him now unless the offer is mental (25m+ maybe), but in a couple of seasons, if he's peaking, tearing it up and a 'big 4' club come in for him then we'll take the 50m or whatever it is. I think he sees the club like his family at the moment and would be reluctant to leave.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
0.00%
Think of the signal letting our most creative player leave.
Not going to happen.

Of course there's a chance. There's always a chance of a player leaving. Yes a very very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here