Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref last night

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I recall one free kick he gave us, which he shouldn't have, but apart from that there were numerous free kick he gave Forest which shouldn't have been. Forest players just kept stopping in front of ours, then inevitably falling over, and getting the inevitable poor decision from the tw@ of a ref.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Lansbury got away with a couple of out of control tackles and pushing our players right in front of the ref at several free kicks. So when Stephens got booked for nothing it makes it sting that little bit more.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I thought similarly to yourself, but it is hard to see the things he can on the pitch from the West Upper. Any TV viewers think he was poor?

Yep....he was crap...had the whole Summer to get his eyes tested and every time a Forest player fell over he gave them a free kick or booked one of our players.....

Conference football beckons for Mr Stroud or whatever his name is.....

TNBA

TTF

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No, Keith Stroud certainly isn't a cheat, he is simply a man trying to do a very difficult job, as is the case with 99.9% of referees in this country.

That said, I agree that he didn't have the best of games, his booking of Dale Stephens was harsh in the extreme. But I certainly don't think he is a bad referee overall.
I hope for his sake that he is a cheat.
Because if he isn't, then he's so utterly clueless that he needs to quit, now!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Am I the only one who thought Mr Stroud was poor (as he always seems to be when we have him). He gave them numerous soft free kicks around our area to the extent that it seemed like he was hoping they equalise. He also booked our players for nothing (Stephens for running behind someone and Baldock for lining up the wall) and let Forest get away with some nasty tackles (Lansbury's attempted studs up lunge on Stephens). Can't believe we've had the misfortune of have him referee two of our home games in a row after his absolutely shocking performance against Watford at the end of last season.

Agreed - he was one of those sad "it is all about me" referees.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree Stephens booking horrendous. He certainly wasn't booked for brushing a forest player in the way past (in that incident). He was booked as a) he could have seen yellow for the foul on Lansbury a few mins earlier and the ref had that in his small mind. b) that prick Lansbury (who moaned and whined all night) went straight up to the ref when the ball went dead.

Also noticed in the highlights the incident where Stockdale saved from Walker. I was 100yards away at time and was sure it was never a corner. Sure enough the replay showed one forest player almost tackled another and they kicked it out - we didn't have someone within about a metre of the ball - corner given to them. Atrocious guessing decision. He was shite!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Got a few calls wrong and a few soft free-kicks both ways. Gave a yellow to Stephens for something everyone else must have missed. Also gave us a free-kick for a tackle on O'Grady which was wasn't a foul.

Vaughan got booked for that challenge on O'Grady as well! Couldn't have won the ball any cleaner.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Also noticed in the highlights the incident where Stockdale saved from Walker. I was 100yards away at time and was sure it was never a corner. Sure enough the replay showed one forest player almost tackled another and they kicked it out - we didn't have someone within about a metre of the ball - corner given to them. Atrocious guessing decision. He was shite!

Absolutely. It is totally inexcusable that neither the linesman (okay, RA if you like) or the ref could make the right call over that one. Shocking decision.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lansbury got away with a couple of out of control tackles and pushing our players right in front of the ref at several free kicks. So when Stephens got booked for nothing it makes it sting that little bit more.

Just read this thread, thought his second half decisions were poor. Stephens was booked for intent as although he got a piece of Lansbury he didn't complete the job.

Of course he did check with Lansbury that it was the right decision, as he did during the entire game. Okay it was the other way round, but just irritated me throughout.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vaughan got booked for that challenge on O'Grady as well! Couldn't have won the ball any cleaner.

Was a cracking tackle! Refs really need to know more about the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here