Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley.....help needed....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Used to go to the White Knight on a Friday lunchtime when I worked for Airmiles, we nicknamed it the White Shite, says it all really. However that was a good 10 yrs ago, maybe it's different now!

I was born and raised in lancing, then moved to West Worthing, then after getting a job up here the commute was a killer, so decided to move up here back in '98. Lived in Pound Hill, Ifield, Ifield Green and now Tilgate.

Crawley is fine if you avoid living in the rough areas already mentioned. Like others I also avoid going out to the pubs and clubs in town but that's probably cos I'm 43 now so too old!

Restaurants are good as is the Cinema/bowling and shopping. The little villages in the surrounding area with their country pubs are really good and as we're on the edge of Tilage Park which is a massive country park, it doesn't really feel like we're in Crawley at all. Work is only a 15 min cycle ride away as well!

For you it depends where you need to travel to for work. if it's north of Crawley then best get a place near Three Bridges station or if your driving then stick the favoured areas already mentioned.

I think you are the only person to mention Tilgate Park on this thread, that is well worth a visit.
I'm surprised [MENTION=22488]Premiership Dream[/MENTION] didn't mention Tilgate Park in his list of likes, maybe getting fish and chips delivered is more important to him :p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why do you get tired of defending Crawley when your location says Surrey?
I live eight miles from Crawley so I know it fairly well. I think it is unfairly maligned on here and consider it a decent blue collar town that has jobs, is forward thinking and is a town that Sussex can be fairly proud of, albeit for different reasons to some of the coastal towns. And aside from anything else, people are too happy to absolutely slaughter the place, seemingly acutely unaware of any sensitivity towards NSC Albion fans on here who do actually live there. There are plenty of local bang average places that seem to get overlooked on here in favour of Crawley bashing. It's quite odd.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I live eight miles from Crawley so I know it fairly well. I think it is unfairly maligned on here and consider it a decent blue collar town that has jobs, is forward thinking and is a town that Sussex can be fairly proud of, albeit for different reasons to some of the coastal towns. And aside from anything else, people are too happy to absolutely slaughter the place, seemingly acutely unaware of any sensitivity towards NSC Albion fans on here who do actually live there. There are plenty of local bang average places that seem to get overlooked on here in favour of Crawley bashing. It's quite odd.

Ok thanks, fair comments if you like the town.

i live eight miles from crawley so i know it fairly well. I think it is unfairly maligned on here and consider it a decent blue collar town that has jobs, is forward thinking and is a town that sussex can be fairly proud of, albeit for different reasons to some of the coastal towns. And aside from anything else, people are too happy to absolutely slaughter the place, seemingly acutely unaware of any sensitivity towards nsc albion fans on here who do actually live there. There are plenty of local bang average places that seem to get overlooked on here in favour of crawley bashing. It's quite odd.

From a Surrey view it probably looks quite nice???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When I was on Jury service, the case i had was a load of Crawley chavs having a gangfight in the town centre - that is all

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
What the hell is there to "like" about being 35 minutes from a shopping mall? Either you're a woman, or the kind of man who gets dragged around shops by your wife/partner when you should be doing manly things.

Stone Island is cheaper in Choice and Cecil Gee @ bluewater than it is in in rip off "Profile" in the Lanes

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
All over Sussex, Surrey and Berkshire. I just want to be more central.
Newbury. Pros: Cheaper, less traffic, nice town and countryside. Cons: Might be a bit more mileage and further away from family/friends, if that's important, further from God's city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here