Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feels like a big game coming up on Sunday

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At the end of the season there will be no games on which to make this assertion?
If we get relegated by 2 points, looking back, Bournemouth away would've been a must win

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I agree ... the quality of most front men in this league is good enough that they will breakthrough eventually and then we're unable to respond. It's not just about our front men, our midfield have to get hold of the ball and play our way out. There's been way too many stray passes and a focus on just protecting the back 4

I also think CH pays far too much respect to the opposition both tactically and verbally ...'it's a tough place to go/come', 'they are a quality team', 'you know you're going to get a tough game at xxxx'. It's almost as if he has little or no belief and I wonder how much of that rubs off on the players

Let's hope we're on the front foot vs Newcastle, we did it against WBA but we cant dine out on that too much longer

Very much how I see it. fair play for the top 6 but whilst making us solid and difficult to break down..he must instil an inner belief that we are also quality and pose a very real threat to the oppo. Shankly used to prepare his teams thoroughly but also give them confidence that the oppo have frailties.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's season defining.

A home win and seven points would be a massive lift and proof that CH's plan is working.

Defeat in one of the winnable HOME games against a fellow promoted club would be a hammer blow.

Can't really argue with that. IF we do lose then the only straw I'll clutch at is that we also lost the corresponding fixture last year. (And yes that is a pretty flimsy straw).

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It's season defining.

A home win and seven points would be a massive lift and proof that CH's plan is working.

Defeat in one of the winnable HOME games against a fellow promoted club would be a hammer blow.

Bedwetter or arselicker we will all come together on Sunday praying for that win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree that we are good defensively but if that is all we have to rely on we are basically fecked. If as I suspect the game plan is defend defend defend, hit them on the break, defend, defend, we will lose most games :down:

CH really does need to mix it up a bit when we are playing other out of form teams. I completely accept that most teams in this league will roll us over but we missed out big time on Friday

Agreed. We need to have the balls to "go after" teams a bit more, and risk losing to try and win, rather than play for a draw for 70 mins then get undone. Need to learn from Middlesbrough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To those who say we have to set up and defend the way we are I simply say "Huddersfield ".

And you're assuming (after just 5 games) that Huddersfield definitely won't go down...why?

D

Deleted member 2719

We were solid - yes. But commmmme on it was so dour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Solid with a couple of leaks, wouldn't it be nice just to put some pressure on teams defences like Bmuff, CH needs to let those on reigns go at times and let March and Co be creative.

You can always hope.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Solid with a couple of leaks, wouldn't it be nice just to put some pressure on teams defences like Bmuff, CH needs to let those on reigns go at times and let March and Co be creative.

You can always hope.

Indeed.

When we pushed men forward we looked dangerous. Solly , knocky , propper , gross what a waste of attacking talent when sitting 11 behind the ball.

Really want a repeat of West Brom on Sunday where we take the game to them ... And I'm sure that's what hughton has planned.

D

Deleted member 2719

Indeed.

When we pushed men forward we looked dangerous. Solly , knocky , propper , gross what a waste of attacking talent when sitting 11 behind the ball.

Really want a repeat of West Brom on Sunday where we take the game to them ... And I'm sure that's what hughton has planned.

Lets hope so, season ticket holders deserve it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We will win if Shelvey is still playing with the stiffs.Don't know why I dislike him,but he spells doom to me?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's season defining.

This. Defeat is nothing short of a disaster and we face an uphill struggle. A win and it is a statement of showing we belong.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Get the whole stadium rocking like against West Brom, CH well knows we need to win games like these, sure he'll be telling the players to get at them from the off. Agree with what others have said, defeat would be a big blow, both to confidence and chances of staying up

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

You can always hope.

Some of us are in danger of starting to sound like Norwich fans. I have no problems with how CH set us up at home to City or at Bournemouth given the lack of options that night. However I seriously hope that is not how we are going to approach home games against 'bottom 10' teams. That would not be a good thing. WBA gives me hope that he won't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here