Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiorentina Babacar [now seems to be heading for Palace]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Because they followed the advice of NSC 'experts' who told us in April, May and June that prices fall at the very end of the window, with clubs desparate to offload.

The other school of thought was that that's a bloody risky game and that fees/wage demands increase.

I don't know what's more amazing:-

1) Barber out saying that.
or
B) Fan(s) believing it.

Absolute madness.

Well fancy that. Can't quite believe my eyes. Oh well.

Today: "Kieran Gibbs signs for West Brom for £7m"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41095184

July 22nd: "Arsenal reject £10m West Brom bid for Kieran Gibbs"
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-10m-west-brom-bid-for-left-back-kieran-gibbs

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
If we got him ?? Yes please!!!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If these bids are true for both players, why oh why have we left it so late that they can keep upping the prices? It makes no sense to me.

Cos we thought we could get away with not spending big on fees or wages but suddenly realised a month ago that rival clubs re relegation places are spending big so we've had to follow suit. Naivety on our part IMO and will be main reason should we be relegated.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
HOW MANY FRICKIN TIMES - many player purchases are highly dependent on other player sales/purchases. It is slightly possible that we're stuck in these chains even though we'd rather have done our business by now. I seriously doubt that any side wants to leave its business this late - and yet somehow it happens. Perhaps everyone apart from Huddersfield are just crap at this stuff?

no other side has 1 fit striker

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well fancy that.

Today: "Kieran Gibbs signs for West Brom for £7m"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41095184

July 22nd: "Arsenal reject £10m West Brom bid for Kieran Gibbs"
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-10m-west-brom-bid-for-left-back-kieran-gibbs

Still waiting for miraculous market deflation of fees in the last couple of days of August.

The Albion are in a position of weakness when dealing with Cardiff, Everton, Deportivo or Fiorentino, as well as with agents. A PL club with no PL able strikers, with less than 29 hours to go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cos we thought we could get away with not spending big on fees or wages but suddenly realised a month ago that rival clubs re relegation places are spending big so we've had to follow suit. Naivety on our part IMO and will be main reason should we be relegated.

FFS don't let facts get in the way of the bargains at the end of August myth.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Still waiting for miraculous market deflation of fees in the last couple of days of August.

The Albion are in a position of weakness when dealing with Cardiff, Everton, Deportivo or Fiorentino, as well as with agents. A PL club with no PL able strikers, with less than 29 hours to go.

Isn't it now 6pm to be in line with the other countries ? Or was that just an idea that never went through ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Um. thats 30% deflation right there. !!!

As for being in a position of weakness. At least we're not Arsenal. Bloody fire sale going on there.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Looks an exciting one...

My only worry, (especially with only 1 international cap for Senegal) is we get a deal agreed at the eleventh hour, only to be at the mercy of a tribunal for a work permit by which time the window is shut. Would have to be alongside another player I suppose

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
There must be some very high rollers on these boards, so ready to dish out business advice to our life long supporting, multi business owning, billionaire owner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

A player Arsenal want rid of. Not sure the same can be said of this guy

Who played 11 league games last season.

In fairness I admire the bravery of anyone holding up Arsenal's transfer policy as proof positive of a fact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
HOW MANY FRICKIN TIMES - many player purchases are highly dependent on other player sales/purchases. It is slightly possible that we're stuck in these chains even though we'd rather have done our business by now. I seriously doubt that any side wants to leave its business this late - and yet somehow it happens. Perhaps everyone apart from Huddersfield are just crap at this stuff?

Why the focus on Hudd? The following clubs of varying wealth have all had decent windows improving where they needed to:
Swansea
Wolves
ManU
Bournemouth
Chelsea
WBA
Liverpool
Leicester
ManC
Watford
Burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports