Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compare the two situations

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I said if I didn't want to hire a black person then I don't have to,dosnt make me racist. Could be a number of reasons why I wouldn't want to hire them, not just because of the colour of the skin.

Example- I may be running an office and not want to hire any blacks because of how hot it would get and the smell that a black persons skin has is horrible, especially in a hot environment. SO by not hireing them isn't a racist act, it's just they wouldn't fit the environment. Dosnt make me racist.

Fred, you've just convinced me that you don't have a racist bone in your body.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Maybe it's me, maybe I need to have a think about this a bit more. I am the parent of a disabled child and the comment about how the wrong thing said could send someone into a fit of rage kinda makes sense, but what I ment by words not being able to hurt is physically.

Oct 25, 2003
I said if I didn't want to hire a black person then I don't have to,dosnt make me racist. Could be a number of reasons why I wouldn't want to hire them, not just because of the colour of the skin.

Example- I may be running an office and not want to hire any blacks because of how hot it would get and the smell that a black persons skin has is horrible, especially in a hot environment.
SO by not hireing them isn't a racist act, it's just they wouldn't fit the environment. Dosnt make me racist.

sorry but WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe it's me, maybe I need to have a think about this a bit more. I am the parent of a disabled child and the comment about how the wrong thing said could send someone into a fit of rage kinda makes sense, but what I ment by words not being able to hurt is physically.

But they can hurt physically. Insults around race or religion could radicalise someone and ultimately lead them to some horrible act of terror or setting up a gang fight. Eating disorders, self harm, even suicide can be triggered by careless words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Example- I may be running an office and not want to hire any blacks because of how hot it would get and the smell that a black persons skin has is horrible, especially in a hot environment. SO by not hireing them isn't a racist act, it's just they wouldn't fit the environment. Dosnt make me racist.

Oh my Christ ....

And you think that ISNT racist?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Complete opposite, what I'm saying is the use of words like ****** paki and wog is not being racist, they are just words, slang names. If I stand in front of a black man and call him a wog is he going to drop dead or become ill just from the words alone? No he isn't, because words don't hurt anyone unless they are looking to be offended.

Go to Brixton and try out your half baked ideas... I'll ring the ambulance for you!

Oct 25, 2003

so someone comes up to your child and starts using (in your words) "slang words" for disabled people- the most derogatory words possible used with the sole intention of offending your child- how would you react to this, out of interest?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Ok, at least I know you are on a wind up now - smelly black people's skin!!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here