Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle vs Sheffield Wednesday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton on an excellent run. Full house home match against a team near the lower end of the table, which we're expected to win. After nearly 60 years of following the Albion, this scenario fills me with foreboding. Hope for once this doesn't turn out to be the case!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
good result for us.....+ weds given 7 ..?? yellows......clearly they went there to bully the geordies & the "brilliant" benitez out thunk by carvahlo...2 big pluses in my book.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Brighton on an excellent run. Full house home match against a team near the lower end of the table, which we're expected to win. After nearly 60 years of following the Albion, this scenario fills me with foreboding. Hope for once this doesn't turn out to be the case!

This.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Too much defeatist antics on this here thread,would i take 2nd place,you damn right,would i be happy to take the league title.....simple yes,we are the 2nd best team in the division we will finish inside the top two positions,we need not fear the other 22 (no disrespect to them)......the real question is can we catch Newcastle..

If people are happy for points to keep heading that way then fine,we won't.......we have never won this division.....i want us to...
Brilliant! With you all the way!
:smokin:

I may have had a glass or 3 of port,but my point still stands.....roll out the big guns!!!
Brilliant! With you all the way!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
A Sheff Wed win was the most 'exciting' result for us, as we can now go top with the same number of games played.. It's also by far the best result if we want to win the league. It's probably the least good result for our long term promotion chances. However this game didn't really matter, the results earlier in the day are the ones that put the pressure on us for today. We not only need to win but there keep up our goal difference. This isn't likely to be an easy game, regardless of how the table looks. Hollowhead has surprised us before!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Great performance by Wednesday and thoroughly deserved....very well organised and that's very similar to us in many games.
Newcastle hardly ever draw but will win 4 and lose 1 in which will see them comfortably up at the end of the season...not to mention their squad is huge and they can buy who they want nearly.What could possibly go wrong?:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great performance by Wednesday and thoroughly deserved....very well organised and that's very similar to us in many games.
Newcastle hardly ever draw but will win 4 and lose 1 in which will see them comfortably up at the end of the season...not to mention their squad is huge and they can buy who they want nearly.What could possibly go wrong?:lolol:

I still expect some Mike Ashley inspired **** up/car crash before the end of the season though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Great thread - remarkable the many differing views about what was the best result for us.

If we win today then I will truly believe that our greatest threat will be complacency ....
If we end up having a run at the top of the table, all our opposition will see us as the best in the league and the team to beat, or even draw against.
This will make it tougher for us - I think I prefer to be under the radar as we have been for so long - hovering in a close 2nd spot with a huge gap to 3rd.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I love this concept of the Peloton in the championship.

How far back does it go ? Are we saying it's basically from Reading down to Villa ?

I'd say the Peloton is defined from the 3rd place team's points to minus 10 that figure. So at the half way stage, there are 10 'riders' in the chasing pack. They've done well this week reducing the gap to the automatics to 6 points from their lead 'rider', I expect the Brummie & Norfolk 'riders' to drop from the Peloton very soon as one has sacked a good manager and the other has kept a shit one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here