Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Android TV box help.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Just seen this thread. Let us know how you get on. I've got the MXQ and even though I've updated with the latest version of Kodi I am having all sorts of niggle issues. Movies (via Genesis) is OK although can't get anything on HD. Sports Devil and Phoenix has stopped working pretty well completely as has UK Turks. Film on TV which I use for live TV is unwatchable due to buffering

Not sure if it's config stuff but if there really is something that is plug and play and works well then I'll switch

Genesis has stopped being supported by the developer. The only way to get genesis films to work is HD will be to get a premium account. The premium account will be about five pounds per month. But the current films should be available in SD. A lot of people use salts(stream all the sources) but I haven't tried it as yet, though they seem happy with it
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/

Sportdevil is working fine for me, have you updated it? As I know there was a change on 13th December.
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/

Buying plug and play boxes are all well and good, until there is a change and then you still need to know how to update and install

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Just seen this thread. Let us know how you get on. I've got the MXQ and even though I've updated with the latest version of Kodi I am having all sorts of niggle issues. Movies (via Genesis) is OK although can't get anything on HD. Sports Devil and Phoenix has stopped working pretty well completely as has UK Turks. Film on TV which I use for live TV is unwatchable due to buffering

Not sure if it's config stuff but if there really is something that is plug and play and works well then I'll switch

Are you connected to it wirelessly? Have you tried connecting an Ethernet cable instead?

ack

Apr 20, 2006
These boxes are great, provided you happy to tinker and flash new images. When set up correct they are amazing, but dont expect to buy one and will work forever. You have to do maintanence on repositorys and add stuff in as things change. If tec savvy and happy to play about with it, get one. BUT if you hoping for just plug and play it will be a waste of money after a few months.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We do all understand that while kodi is legal, using add-ons that bypass subscriptions etc is not?

I'd also echo [MENTION=4639]ack[/MENTION] I've been using kodi (XBMC) for 5 years, it's not always straightforward, and I'm fairly 'technical'

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Genesis has stopped being supported by the developer. The only way to get genesis films to work is HD will be to get a premium account. The premium account will be about five pounds per month. But the current films should be available in SD. A lot of people use salts(stream all the sources) but I haven't tried it as yet, though they seem happy with it
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-salts-stream-all-the-sources-for-xbmc-kodi/

Sportdevil is working fine for me, have you updated it? As I know there was a change on 13th December.

Buying plug and play boxes are all well and good, until there is a change and then you still need to know how to update and install

I've just checked my Genesis and it's working no problem. I'm watching Interstellar in perfect hd.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I've just checked my Genesis and it's working no problem. I'm watching Interstellar in perfect hd.

I should have said, most of. What happened is the developer would put a new hd film up and loads would watch and then the film would get pulled as the bandwidth would surge. I have tried to watch several HD films as a test and they haven't worked(source unavailable). As I said earlier though. SD should work fine for the meantime.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Cheers for that, makes sense

I've got SALT but hadn't bothered with it because of Genesis ... will give it a bash

Re the updates I thought it was automatic updates ... as I said Sports Devil was working as was Phoenix .... SD totally not working and bits of Phoenix not.

I'll head off now and see if I can figure out the updates

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Cheers for that, makes sense

I've got SALT but hadn't bothered with it because of Genesis ... will give it a bash

Re the updates I thought it was automatic updates ... as I said Sports Devil was working as was Phoenix .... SD totally not working and bits of Phoenix not.

I'll head off now and see if I can figure out the updates

As far as I know, there are no automatic updates for the individual channel packs(repositories). Mine is still running seamlessly, but I keep it updated. An acquaintance bought a fully loaded android TV stick for £235. He thought this was going to be much more better than my £25 box,he still has to update so I really don't see the point. I suppose there could be suppliers whom send signals to boxes to update etc. But I don't personally know of any

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here