Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Great run into the space by him and picked out superbly his only mistake was not hitting it first time across the keeper who was poorly positioned.

Only thing I will say is if a choice between Skalak and Lua Lua on the bench I would go with Lua Lua. With Wilson and Bobby on the bench would like to see Lua Lua as another genuine out and out winger option

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Still too early to judge for me. Shown some decent touches and all that.

But he just stopped in front of the keeper and larruping the ball into the crowd from an impossible shooting position wasn't great either..

Fingers crossed for him

el punal

I felt a bit sorry for him when he came on tonight, he was trying so hard but nothing really came off for him.

I think he has got something but he's almost too keen to make an impression. Needs to calm down a bit.

That about sums him up. Yes, he was impetuous and lacked composure, as if he on a trial for the club for 20 minutes. Having said that I applaud his energy, commitment and enthusiasm. With a few wise words of coaching from the mighty one I reckon Jiri will a wonderful player in the future.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] you should bring back the thumbs down just for this thread

Remember at the start of the season when Hemed was keen to make an impression and would try an overhead kick at every opportunity? He calmed down and scored a few, then had a period of no confidence at all. He's back in form and scoring for fun. Give the guy more than a couple of cameo appearances to bed in. He got one assist on his first start and should've had another. He seems to have learned the offside rule at least!

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Some of the responses here are worryingly short-sighted.

Yes, Jiri missed a bit of a sitter and fluffed his lines, something that every player has done before him at some point. Like I said in another thread, the guy needs game time. No good will come of restricting him to cameo appearances. If we want him ready for the end run then he needs to be playing more than 15 minutes each game but obviously it is CH’s call.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He may turn out to be a decent player but how can he looks like a decent player after last night?
It wasn't so much that he missed, it was that he completely fell apart at a crucial moment.
It was so bad that it nullified everything else imho

Looked good at Cardiff. I'd say he made some good contributions last night and looked neat but I agree the 2 times he was in excellent positions he fell apart - that's something he can / will / should learn. Bit miffed for KLL not being in the squad if he's fit and Skalak getting on ahead of him...

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Think it will take time for him to bed in

Absolutely, SPOT ON! New country, new city , new club...... from what little I have seen of him I think the chap has a touch or 'arrogant mustard' about him.

Why are people so detrimentally judgemental , based on such little evidence?

Baldock being the repeated class 1 example.

God are we good, without having to show it.....

TNBA

TTF

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I felt a bit sorry for him when he came on tonight, he was trying so hard but nothing really came off for him.

I think he has got something but he's almost too keen to make an impression. Needs to calm down a bit.

Yes, fully agree. A couple of his touches reminded me of Elvis, but it might just have been a case of trying too hard to make an impression, which is very understandable. He did spring the offside trap well when he was through and looks fast, so I remain optimistic. However, the fact that he not played that much since his move is slightly worrying. Yes, it could of course be that he is given time to come up to scratch in a different league, but seem to recall that Leo went straight into the team. On balance, too early to tell, but the runs he did make do give rise for optimism.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
The guy has only been at the club a month or so. New country,new lifestyle, new players and new fans. I think we should leave him be,let him settle in and reserve judgement. Probably won't see the best of him until next season. Too many on here too quick to pass judgement.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Had too much time to think, and overthought it

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He'll learn from that and looks a thoroughly decent addition to our attacking options.

Indeed he will.... as Hemed has.... he was equally derided over a number of point blank misses...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here