Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Named and Shamed

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I sadly now have a picture in my head of a gurning Timmy at the vinegar stokes stage with his Union Jack waistcoat on sloshing out a pearl necklace over some poor woman, and it's not a pretty sight.

I'm a little surprised that Timmy even knows what REAL tits are !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure if this is a correct analysis of the situation but given what I have read, BHAFC appear to have over payed on expenses and attempted to reclaim those via the person's pay which then put the person's pay lower than the minimum hourly rate. I could be wrong but if this is the case then HMRC have badly misrepresented the club.

However BHAFC stopping the whole scheme though is bad news for people who would have welcomed a placement there and for the club because it actually has a guilt implication.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not sure if this is a correct analysis of the situation but given what I have read, BHAFC appear to have over payed on expenses and attempted to reclaim those via the person's pay which then put the person's pay lower than the minimum hourly rate. I could be wrong but if this is the case then HMRC have badly misrepresented the club.

However BHAFC stopping the whole scheme though is bad news for people who would have welcomed a placement there and for the club because it actually has a guilt implication.

Not quite. What seems to have had happened is that they overpaid someone on work experience's expenses, which meant that HMRC reclassified them as an employee. Because of this they were being paid way under the minimum wage (essentially HMRC said that they were being paid by the expenses). That is my understanding of the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here