Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Couldn't tell you. Didn't interest me that much so we steered clear of the subject because one of them was a friend in other respects. Born Again Christian is as much as I know.

But you feel qualified to accuse every Christian of thinking that homosexuality should be illegal?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some interesting figures. But, just for perspective, there are, for instance, a lot of Christians who also think homosexuality should be illegal.

I also don't believe you can or should extrapolate people's views of suicide bombings/violence against civilians when they live somewhere like the Palestinian Territories to be representative of the views of Muslims in a country like Britain. Violence there (including against them) is an every day occurrence.

A vague term like 'sympathised' with suicide bombers is virtually meaningless. That article you link to actually says that 3% sympathised only 'to some extent'. It doesn't mean they're all out strapping on explosives. I don't sympathise to any extent but then my original heritage isn't a country that's had the shit bombed out of it for years or one that's seen its genuine refugees cold-shouldered. That could well make people feel differently. 'Sympathise' is a poor choice of word as some of those who responded could be expressing 'sympathy' for those who have had their minds warped into doing this.. it's far too ambiguous.

I think he just said that he personally knew two.

He said a lot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is true that since 911 and Iraq Muslims in this country have become more Muslim. So as a Christian yourself have you ever discussed the crucifixion event with your friend?
Well, if I understand my history correctly, the Crucifixion was carried out by the Romans, at the instigation of, and in order to placate the Jews, who looked like they were about to start rioting. So no, he probably wouldn't have discussed it with them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They don't agree with it, but there is nothing there which says that gays should be in prison. I am disputing the statement that Christians think homosexuality should be illegal, not making excuses.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ndment-to-punish-gays-with-prison-hard-labor/

A Christian leader is calling for a constitutional amendment to make homosexuality a felony punishable by 10 years of hard labor.
Pastor Michael Williams is using his conservative Christian values to justify and advocate for criminalising homosexual behavior in a video posted to his PreachingPolitics.com website.
In the video, Pastor Williams laments the fact that Christians have been “increasingly tolerant” of gay people over the last 50 years. Williams asserts:
Whereas homosexuality used to be a felony in every state — referred to as sodomy — it has now been decriminalised, and homosexuality is allowed to be openly expressed in public. While Christians are becoming increasingly tolerant of homosexuals, homosexuals are becoming increasingly intolerant of us.
It’s time for Christians to resume obeying God and his word, and to re-criminalise homosexuality, outlaw it again. The only way to do this and keep it beyond the reach of activist judges and unaccountable bureaucrats is to create a constitutional amendment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...ndment-to-punish-gays-with-prison-hard-labor/

A Christian leader is calling for a constitutional amendment to make homosexuality a felony punishable by 10 years of hard labor.
Pastor Michael Williams is using his conservative Christian values to justify and advocate for criminalising homosexual behavior in a video posted to his PreachingPolitics.com website.
In the video, Pastor Williams laments the fact that Christians have been “increasingly tolerant” of gay people over the last 50 years. Williams asserts:
Whereas homosexuality used to be a felony in every state — referred to as sodomy — it has now been decriminalised, and homosexuality is allowed to be openly expressed in public. While Christians are becoming increasingly tolerant of homosexuals, homosexuals are becoming increasingly intolerant of us.
It’s time for Christians to resume obeying God and his word, and to re-criminalise homosexuality, outlaw it again. The only way to do this and keep it beyond the reach of activist judges and unaccountable bureaucrats is to create a constitutional amendment.

This is from that article, which is in the States.
Clearly Pastor Williams is a bigot and an extremist. It should go without saying that many Christians reject Williams’ suggestion that gays should be punished with prison time and hard labor.

I'm sure you can find odd individuals from all over the world who have bigoted views. That is not the same as saying a a lot of Christians belive it should be illegal.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is from that article, which is in the States.
Clearly Pastor Williams is a bigot and an extremist. It should go without saying that many Christians reject Williams’ suggestion that gays should be punished with prison time and hard labor.

I'm sure you can find odd individuals from all over the world who have bigoted views. That is not the same as saying a a lot of Christians belive it should be illegal.

Bingo....

Bigoted views held by an extremist who hides behind religion....

Do you get it now...

End of conversation

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is true that since 911 and Iraq Muslims in this country have become more Muslim. So as a Christian yourself have you ever discussed the crucifixion event with your friend?

Yes, among lots of things. He views Christ differently but it's never caused conflict. Both of us have a strong unitarian streak running through us although I don't wholly reject the doctrine of the Trinity.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But you feel qualified to accuse every Christian of thinking that homosexuality should be illegal?

Where did I say 'every'? Anyway, this is why I don't usually bother getting into discussions on religion, personally believing that it's all a crock of shit. But each to their own. I know some really nice Christians and some equally nice Muslims. No problem with people believing whatever they want as long as they respect everyone's right to be different, as I try to.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, among lots of things. He views Christ differently but it's never caused conflict. Both of us have a strong unitarian streak running through us although I don't wholly reject the doctrine of the Trinity.

So he believes that Allah made someone else look like Jesus and that person was substituted with Jesus and nailed to the cross instead? Allah wanted to fool the Jews into thinking he died, but he didn't. Unfortunately this led to the largest but false religion in the world with 2.6 billion followers.

This is his take on it I guess, and Jesus was really a Muslim?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here