Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend Games 11-12/03/17

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No doubt the Huddersfield result has hacked me off a bit.

They seem to have taken over from Reading as the pesky team that will not drop points.

However, roll on Friday and best of luck to Bristol City.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's clear that we can't rely on others to help us on our way. Despite Hudders win...and you have to give them credit for ploughing on as they have....as at today we're the same gap away from them as we were 24 hours ago but both with one less game to play, which statistically favours us. If we win 5 (or perhaps 6, if Hudders continue their roll) of our remaining games that should be enough and our remaining home fixtures couldn't be much kinder. If Hudders do take 22 or more points from their remaining 30 then fair play to them, they deserve to go up. Psychologically, Toon will be down after today's rout by Fulham and they may be more worried about Albion and Hudders than we are about them. If we keep our heads down, win our last 4 home games and get 3-6 points from 15 away and that's still not good enough then that will be a major upset. We're going to do this and I have full faith in CH to deliver a top two finish:albion2::albion:

Its right that its down to us. We have averaged more than two points per game over the season. Should we continue to gain points at the same rate, we will end on 95 or 96 points. Huddersfield would need to win 2.5 points a game from their last ten to get to 96. In the last ten games, when they have been absolutely flying, dropping points in only two matches, they have averaged 2.4 points per game.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Leeds never had a shot on target at home to QPR

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No Aaron Mooy in the hufc starting eleven. Do they normally rotate him?

And brown on the subs bench too

They do tend to rotate players I think because of the high energy levels required for their style of play.

I seem to remember both Nahki Wells and Izzy Brown started on the bench in their big game against Leeds for example.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
League that is impossible to predict
We all have tough games to play but as the league has shown anyone can beat anyone or get points v anyone.
We are in a great position. I rather have the points on the board
From a neutral point of view it looks like 2 from 3 and again and by the looks of it the team missing out is going to have a massive points tally that would normally get you up. I hope the 3 of us get up but I don't want to see us in the playoffs don't think I can handle it again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I mean rather than looking back over our shoulders at Huddersfield as the threat, and accepting Newcastle are going up as champions, we need to finish above the team ahead of us to make sure of promotion. It's not just about us and Huddersfield fighting for second place which seems to be the mindset.
I don't think that's the mindset of the players, it's just us here. We'd all like to be promoted, and whether that's in first or second doesn't really matter at this point. The players will be concentrating on the game against Leeds, nothing more.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The target has to be bettering Newcastle's results now. They have the GD advantage, and we have a tough game next week, so it's a big ask but that's what our aim has to be.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Yep, all 3 teams want second as a minimum, first would be brilliant, but not essential, for more insight read our board , Udders board,and Newcastles board, most couldn't give a monkies about first, its all about second, at least.

Maybe it is only the fans thinking like this though

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Just watched the Huddersfield highlights. How on earth did Brentford not score?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've made up 5 points and 7 goals on Newcastle in the last few days....still a long way to go though.

Exactly. We're matching Huddersfield results, have points in hand, which is better than games in hand, better goal difference, and made inroads on Newcastle.
A good weekend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just watched the Huddersfield highlights. How on earth did Brentford not score?!

Another flukey goal and lucky clean sheet - just like their game v Villa in the week - and no that isn't sour grapes it's more like the truth...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think that's the mindset of the players, it's just us here. We'd all like to be promoted, and whether that's in first or second doesn't really matter at this point. The players will be concentrating on the game against Leeds, nothing more.

I wasn't talking about the players mindset. I am just making the point that it isn't just about Huddersfield when we are quite capable of overtaking Newcastle before Huddersfield closes the gap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here