Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fair play Steve McClaren

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Hughes for me is the championship Wilshere - massively overrated and making a living out of what he might do one day. Kayal absolutely owned him tonight.
Ince - in the right team could be devastating but seems to believe the hype around how good he could be.

You forgot to mention his dads a c*ck

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And yet only three teams have conceded fewer goals than them and only five have scored fewer.

How on earth can a team with Bent, Vydra, Nugent, Ince and Hughes in it not muster a single shot on target?

Bent is overweight and slow. Vydra is half asleep. Emily is still worries El Bad might make a sudden lunge at him and ruffle his hair. Ince is a bit precious, and Hughes is still haunted by the time he failed to get his Latin prep done on time when he was at Repton. Clowns the lot of them.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Hughes for me is the championship Wilshere - massively overrated and making a living out of what he might do one day. Kayal absolutely owned him tonight.
Ince - in the right team could be devastating but seems to believe the hype around how good he could be.

You really think that about Hughes??? If it wasn't for the fact that English players (especially young ones) are massively over priced he could play for any bottom half team in the premier league easily. I'd be over the moon if we signed him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You really think that about Hughes??? If it wasn't for the fact that English players (especially young ones) are massively over priced he could play for any bottom half team in the premier league easily. I'd be over the moon if we signed him.

Yes, poor tonight but generally very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

I really do, I don't recall him doing anything particularly special against us ever. He can dribble a bit but flatters to deceive imo, particularly lightweight and nothing special. If he was that good surely he would already be playing in the premier league and not Derby.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm a little concerned that he thinks we're sure to go up. Not sure he's a great judge, although his analysis tonight was spot on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm a little concerned that he thinks we're sure to go up. Not sure he's a great judge, although his analysis tonight was spot on.

I don't rate him as a judge because of the following:

1. He is Dutch
2. He cost England a place in the Euros
3. He described a fantastic O'Grady assisted Lua Lua goal as lacking quality.(When it was ****ing Brilliant)
4. He is Manure bred.
5. He is perfectly prepared to 'Poyet' Derby as soon as bigger clubs start sniffing about.
6. He has a Dutch accent.
7. He cracks like humpty ****ing dumpty when any pressure is applied.
8. He might be a good coach and a brilliant number '2' but he'll never be a good number '1' or leader of men (see point 7).
9. The hair island thing and brolly shit
10. He is actually Dutch and I have proof.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought he was fair and sensible in his analysis. The squad has changed markedly since he was last there, and it's clear that there are players in the squad that don't fit his philosophy and that disconnect between the attack and defence for them tonight was stark. They look like a squad full of excellent attacking players, decent midfielders and average Championship defenders who haven't yet been mounded back into the type of side McClaren would want. Quite why they aren't starting Hughes is beyond me too - as dirty as he is, he's also their best player!

I thought Derby were more skillful than athletes. Not moved on much since 2013-14 whereas the Championship has got better (at the top) and Derby have remained about the same despite spending £6m a year on players (net) for the last s five seasons.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I don't rate him as a judge because of the following:

1. He is Dutch
2. He cost England a place in the Euros
3. He described a fantastic O'Grady assisted Lua Lua goal as lacking quality.(When it was ****ing Brilliant)
4. He is Manure bred.
5. He is perfectly prepared to 'Poyet' Derby as soon as bigger clubs start sniffing about.
6. He has a Dutch accent.
7. He cracks like humpty ****ing dumpty when any pressure is applied.
8. He might be a good coach and a brilliant number '2' but he'll never be a good number '1' or leader of men (see point 7).
9. The hair island thing and brolly shit
10. He is actually Dutch and I have proof.

I think you are speaking double Dutch!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
And yet only three teams have conceded fewer goals than them and only five have scored fewer.

How on earth can a team with Bent, Vydra, Nugent, Ince and Hughes in it not muster a single shot on target?

Because tacticall they don't know how to get the ball into their forwards effectively. They're a group with great individuals but no team structure, and that's why we beat them so comfortably.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And to think 10 games ago some thought Derby were our biggest threat because they'd won five games on the spin. How quickly things change

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I really do, I don't recall him doing anything particularly special against us ever. He can dribble a bit but flatters to deceive imo, particularly lightweight and nothing special. If he was that good surely he would already be playing in the premier league and not Derby.

First goal in the playoff semi up their was special, and killed us.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Can't agree about Hughes. He's had some terrific games. Should have been in the Premier League before now - looks like it's all gone stale for him at Derby. Ince is probably at about the right level. Good player but doesn't produce it often enough.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hughes and Ince as part of our PL squad. Tonight they were surrounded by mediocrity / overpaid teammates on their last juicy contracts.
Ince would be a great one for us. Hasn't been doing much lately but get thr feeling his best is yet to come

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Here's McClaren's interview from Radio Derby, although he said much the same to Sky after the game too.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04wh6cg

“They were excellent, not many teams this season have done that to us. (Newcastle ?) . It just shows how far this championship has gone. It was only a couple of years ago we were coming here and winning handsomely. Brighton have kicked on and you can see the difference in level. It was immense tonight. We couldn’t cope and you could see key players (not in the team) - how much we miss them. “
We didn’t handle the ball, we didn’t handle their physicality, their running. They were a team of strong men. And the gulf was enormous. Thats why they are top two and that’s why they’ll go up. They were by far the better team. “

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here