Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus buries Simon Kirby story

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Trying to work out who are the 'jealous non-achievers' in your mind here?
Or did you just dip randomly into your selection of 'best of the 80's' quote collection?

Why,are you an MP with loads-a-money then?Or could you possibly be a low-flyer?:laugh:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
He's likely to lose his seat at the next election with the boundary changes, in any case.

My reading was that the changes will strengthen his vote.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In the interests of being fair and balanced, when the Albion applied to play at withdean, he voted in favour of the proposals at planning committee against the wishes of his colleagues in the tory party.

He was also known as Simon radford-kirby in those days

Since then however he has proven to be a useless Muppet and although she's not my constituency mp, Caroline lucas has given more help to me when I've needed it than he has.

Oh and I was blocked by Kirby's twitter account run by his assistant (now councillor) Joe Miller during the last election

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the interests of being fair and balanced, when the Albion applied to play at withdean, he voted in favour of the proposals at planning committee against the wishes of his colleagues in the tory party.

Since then however he has proven to be a useless Muppet and although she's not my constituency mp, Caroline lucas has given more help to me when I've needed it than he has.

Oh and I was blocked by Kirby's twitter account run by his assistant (now councillor) Joe Miller during the last election

He co-ran a pub chain with Martin Webb, who canvassed for Labour in Hove in 2015.

The dropping of 'Radford' from his name was an instruction from the Conservative Central Office for the 2010 General Election, as they felt double-barrelled names might put people of voting for 'posh people'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ells-leader-I-like-double-barrelled-name.html

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Meaningless Thread.

Not really.

The thread has been hijacked by those (including myself) who are having a downer on Simon Kirby, where the real story, as elicited by the OP, is that the Argus has buried a story which criticises a Tory MP, especially where (and they do have previous on this) with either Caroline Lucas or Peter Kyle, a story of this size would almost certainly be front page news.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Not sure about his Twitter but unless you are so far up his arse you can taste his colon you get either deleted or ignored on his Facebook page.

Hidden away in a tiny section of a column on page 6 of today's Argus is a story that leads page 4 of the i today - that it has emerged that Kemp Town MP and City Minister Simon Kirby has been stripped of responsibility for overseeing the impact of Brexit on financial services, apparently because the City thinks he's not up to it.

Now I'd say that's a pretty big local story, but apparently the geniuses who run the paper from Dorset disagree. Maybe they were trying to follow the example of the government, who made no announcement of it when it happened a few weeks ago.

Was astonished he got the job in the first place, showed the lack of talent on Tory benches. Canny local scrapper but not ministerial material

Well I'm sure he'll add you back now you're not too bothered whether he gets elected again or not

Geezer is an absolute turnip. He literally looks like one of the muppets. He thinks that popping in The Telscombe Tavern once a month for a pint of Harvey's makes him a man of the people. Total tosser from top to bottom.

Don't forget his once a year visit to the Hawks. Surely the ultras have to give him a chant or two

Oh dear,politics of envy again.Somebody does well for themselves,and they automatically become demonised by the jealous non-achievers.Change the record,ffs,you could be stuck with a total oxygen-thief like Jess Phillips.

He's a deal, how about we get rid of both

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh dear,politics of envy again.Somebody does well for themselves,and they automatically become demonised by the jealous non-achievers.Change the record,ffs,you could be stuck with a total oxygen-thief like Jess Phillips.

We can't all be a professor, let alone make it twice.

PS Are you really claiming that I/we are envious of Simon Kirby?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here