Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the story Fikayo Tomori?

Basey

Jun 19, 2011
Bristol
But where was he in the final third ? How many crosses into the box did he make ? For me Pocognoli was the game changer

He isn't the attacking full back that Bruno and Poc are - he was signed on loan for cover. A player that young needs to focus on the basics of a full-back ....DEFENDING. And that, I felt he did quite well.

People need to get off his back and realise others were shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He isn't the attacking full back that Bruno and Poc are - he was signed on loan for cover. A player that young needs to focus on the basics of a full-back ....DEFENDING. And that, I felt he did quite well.

People need to get off his back and realise others were shite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also the brief of a full back under CH when we're winning is to not over commit. Don't remember Bruno getting forward too much when we were ahead.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I've seen a few of your comments on this thread, just name calling people who you don't agree with.

If you have a point to make, why not elaborate and tell us why you think he's decent?

And from everything I've read and heard about Tomori, he's a player that is happy anywhere on the back line.

So sorry darling. On my way back from supporting my team. Against multi-million pound opposition. A young lad was played out of position after our third/fourth choice left back was injured & grew into the game, gave his all & did OK. Were you at the game?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But where was he in the final third ? How many crosses into the box did he make ? For me Pocognoli was the game changer

Isn't that the point. Pocognoli has played many times at international & premier league, so it's his experience and the fact he is in the prime of his career.

If you want to talk about final third then you'd be better looking at Knockaert.
How many passes or crosses did he make on the final third in the second half?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
So sorry darling. On my way back from supporting my team. Against multi-million pound opposition. A young lad was played out of position after our third/fourth choice left back was injured & grew into the game, gave his all & did OK. Were you at the game?

That's a no then, you don't have the capacity to put up a reasoned argument as to how Tomori had a good game, in your opinion.
And again, Tomori is able to play across the back positions - he was not out of position.

I'm near Calgary, Tomori's birthplace. So no, I didn't cross continents tonight.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
That's a no then, you don't have the capacity to put up a reasoned argument as to how Tomori had a good game, in your opinion.
And again, Tomori is able to play across the back positions - he was not out of position.

I'm near Calgary, Tomori's birthplace. So no, I didn't cross continents tonight.

Evidently

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree with that.
He was way out of his depth against very experienced players. He has (almost) no experience of first team games.
He was better in the second half, but that doesn't make his second half performance good. He still gave the ball away more than he retained possession, and was still as hesitant as he was in the first half.

He's on loan from the Chelsea U23 team.
Chelsea took him to the US for pre-season and didn't put him on the pitch once, because he's not good enough to play in a friendly against MLS teams.

With regards to many of our off-players today, I think they were just tired from the Reading battering on Saturday.
Sidwell, Stephens, Murray, Bruno & Knocky all looked tired.

I think fans are just hurting because of the defeat and need something to pick fault in. I don't think we played poorly. I think we did well against a good side and the manner of the defeat people are just hurting a bit.

I felt awful right after the match but you have to dust off the negatives and don't take them forward to the next match. If fans do think the young lad was hesitant then those fans need to support him because if he starts to feel that from the crowd it will make him worse.

I thought he was OK but the ones who didn't need to get behind him and not get on his back. People are human and most humans get better at their work by help and assistance from everyone around them

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Isn't that the point. Pocognoli has played many times at international & premier league, so it's his experience and the fact he is in the prime of his career.

If you want to talk about final third then you'd be better looking at Knockaert.
How many passes or crosses did he make on the final third in the second half?

It was no coincidence that we were well on top before Pocognoli went off

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought he did really well tonight especially considering CH not giving him much game time before this.

He had a little dodgy spell after they scored but before that was solid.

The guy he marked all night, swopped wings and did Bruno for the winner.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think fans are just hurting because of the defeat and need something to pick fault in. I don't think we played poorly. I think we did well against a good side and the manner of the defeat people are just hurting a bit.

I felt awful right after the match but you have to dust off the negatives and don't take them forward to the next match. If fans do think the young lad was hesitant then those fans need to support him because if he starts to feel that from the crowd it will make him worse.

I thought he was OK but the ones who didn't need to get behind him and not get on his back. People are human and most humans get better at their work by help and assistance from everyone around them

I think we played alright, no real grievance from me with the performance, maybe odd substitutions but generally a decent game.
They had one very lucky goal, and one very good goal.
They got the luck tonight, we've had our fair share of it so far this season, so no issues there.

The OP asked for our opinions on the LB, so I just gave mine. The great thing about opinions is, they're subjective.
But mine is the right one. :lolol:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
It was no coincidence that we were well on top before Pocognoli went off

Or did we play brilliantly until we scored, at which point we sat back and invited some pressure.

And therefore it absolutely was a coincidence that the injury happened not long after, influencing people's perception that it was this substitution that changed the game?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nervous start, very solid after half time. Thumbs up from me given the circumstances he was thrown into against top quality opponents after almost no game time with us at all.

I thought he looked really good - don't understand criticisms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here