Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the story Fikayo Tomori?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Nothing to do with the goals and not, in any way, trying to make him a scapegoat (collective responsibility/rubbishness and all that). I just don't think he's up to the job.

He wasn't brought in to do the job at left back. Clearly a centre half played out of position. Decent in the air as you would expect but looked shaky and nervous when isolated out wide. He got better 2nd half but we looked unbalanced with a right footer playing there. Murphy was easily doubled up by Newcastle as very little threat on the overlap.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So we sign a RB, to loan out a RB, but happy to have no LB cover. Odd
Rosenior coming back. I don't think Canadian Sam was injured then, either. No team - or at least no team on a reasonable budget - can afford to have four or five or six or whatever high quality Championship LBs sitting around hoping to get a game if enough other players get injured. The norm is two players for each position, is it not? And Lord knows - and probably TB will tell you - even that costs plenty!

Basey

Jun 19, 2011
Bristol
1st half, gash - albeit limited gash.
2nd half, he made approximately 6 tackles/interceptions, passed 2 of them to Albion players and 4 went to the opposition.
He dragged Dunk wide and Murphy back. No one wanted to pass to him.

Any ball that was 5-10 yards away from him, he hesitates and looks to see which other Albion player is close to see who's going to go to it first, with his opponent racing for the ball behind him. Far too hesitant.

Dragged dunk wide? Don't see how - Murphy obviously told to sit back and help the young lad.

I'm not denying that he was one of our weak links - but what do you expect given that the circumstances (which I'm sure must be quite obvious).

I agree that he seems hesitant but in my opinion he showed promise. DEFINITELY not the soul reason that we lost tonight as many are making out. As mentioned previously - we were sloppy as sh*t tonight and our centre mids (mainly stevens) were my weak link.

All of the above IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So we sign a RB, to loan out a RB, but happy to have no LB cover. Odd

Not especially. Poco was fine at the time. Has been all Feb until Reading. Seem to recall Rosenior had a setback in recovery.

And it made sense to bring in an RB who can cover our RB going out on loan to get game time.

For what it's worth I'd rather Hunt had stayed and got the time here but he didn't and we got Tomori. Looping back to him playing a top of the table clash, out of position, in his third appearance in the stripes.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I understand some people don't like players being slagged off but let's not pretend he wasn't way off it, and that put the jitters into the rest of the team. They had no confidence in him.
We are not talking about Devellopment squad player, this is a Chelsea player. I appreciate it wants his favoured position but he looked more non league than championship tonight . How can anyone claim otherwise? Thats not to say others weren't off form too tonight

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Dragged dunk wide? Don't see how - Murphy obviously told to sit back and help the young lad.

I'm not denying that he was one of our weak links - but what do you expect given that the circumstances (which I'm sure must be quite obvious).

I agree that he seems hesitant but in my opinion he showed promise. DEFINITELY not the soul reason that we lost tonight as many are making out. As mentioned previously - we were sloppy as sh*t tonight and our centre mids (mainly stevens) were my weak link.

All of the above IMO.

There were a good few occasions were Dunk was on the left touchline, he was being dragged wide frequently.
I'm not stating for one moment that he was at fault for either goal, but he was the weakest link, and pulled key players out of position, which on another night, could prove costly.
He's far too inexperienced to make it at this level, but a full season in the Championship with someone mid-table and he might turn out alright.
But based on what we've seen at Brighton, he's literally only occupying that spot because there is no one else available (in the squad or previously in the market), not because of ability.

What standard of left back do you think teams in the ''second division'' of England actually possess ? Especially at the age of 19

He's a Chelsea U-23 player with 1 first team appearance.
So he's not (yet) of top Championship standard. Especially not good enough for a 1st Vs 2nd Championship heavyweight match.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There were a good few occasions were Dunk was on the left touchline, he was being dragged wide frequently.
I'm not stating for one moment that he was at fault for either goal, but he was the weakest link, and pulled key players out of position, which on another night, could prove costly.
He's far too inexperienced to make it at this level, but a full season in the Championship with someone mid-table and he might turn out alright.
But based on what we've seen at Brighton, he's literally only occupying that spot because there is no one else available (in the squad or previously in the market), not because of ability.

So he's not (yet) of top Championship standard. Especially not good enough for a 1st Vs 2nd Championship heavyweight match.

He's a right back, you ****ing numpty

Basey

Jun 19, 2011
Bristol
I understand some people don't like players being slagged off but let's not pretend he wasn't way off it, and that put the jitters into the rest of the team. They had no confidence in him.
We are not talking about Devellopment squad player, this is a Chelsea player. I appreciate it wants his favoured position but he looked more non league than championship tonight . How can anyone claim otherwise? Thats not to say others weren't off form too tonight

More just the fact I completely disagree with anyone saying he was the soul reason for our loss tonight. We got a lucky penalty and scored it - besides that we looked bang average all over. Stevens was shite - murray was shite too - why do these guys not get a mention?

Seems to me that people are jumping on band wagon to save their NSC face. Or just people are completely oblivious to seeing the whole pitch???? And just focus on the young lad who actually put in a shift and tried to play it simple as opposed to farcically risky passes?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nervous start but once up to scratch looked OK to me

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He's a right back, you ****ing numpty

I've seen a few of your comments on this thread, just name calling people who you don't agree with.

If you have a point to make, why not elaborate and tell us why you think he's decent?

And from everything I've read and heard about Tomori, he's a player that is happy anywhere on the back line.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

The lad came up against multi million pound players and I actually thought he had a decent 2nd half once his nerves settled down

Basey

Jun 19, 2011
Bristol

Ok - just think this whole thread is ridiculous. He's a kid on loan from
Chelsea - I'm more worried about our main boys (Stevens and Murray) being beyond shocking tonight.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The lad came up against multi million pound players and I actually thought he had a decent 2nd half once his nerves settled down

Agree with that.
He was way out of his depth against very experienced players. He has (almost) no experience of first team games.
He was better in the second half, but that doesn't make his second half performance good. He still gave the ball away more than he retained possession, and was still as hesitant as he was in the first half.

Ok - just think this whole thread is ridiculous. He's a kid on loan from
Chelsea - I'm more worried about our main boys (Stevens and Murray) being beyond shocking tonight.

He's on loan from the Chelsea U23 team.
Chelsea took him to the US for pre-season and didn't put him on the pitch once, because he's not good enough to play in a friendly against MLS teams.

With regards to many of our off-players today, I think they were just tired from the Reading battering on Saturday.
Sidwell, Stephens, Murray, Bruno & Knocky all looked tired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here