Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone contract coming to an end - Advice please!

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
So my contract on my iPhone 6 is coming to an end and I don't really have any intention of getting an iPhone 7. So I am going to move across to sim only.

Can anyone advise anyone good to go with?

So far I have an offer of £14 per month for 12 months with Vodafone(My current supplier)

That is for 8gb of data and unlimited everything else. (Ideally I need 8gb of date I don't care about minutes or texts as I don't really use them)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
So my contract on my iPhone 6 is coming to an end and I don't really have any intention of getting an iPhone 7. So I am going to move across to sim only.

Can anyone advise anyone good to go with?

So far I have an offer of £14 per month for 12 months with Vodafone(My current supplier)

That is for 8gb of data and unlimited everything else. (Ideally I need 8gb of date I don't care about minutes or texts as I don't really use them)

I get what you've posted above for £5.50 p/m (after cashback redemption) sim only.
Would you be interested in that, or look to move providers?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just another vote for being prepared to do a cashback deal. As long as you are disciplined enough to remember to request it, you can save a lot of money this way. Suddenly a £20 pm deal can become £12.50 pm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yeah I am open to moving providers.

Well the best deal I could find is the Vodafone 8GB that you've been quoted for.
£5.50 pm after cashback redemption.

You can get more cashback at the website 'topcashback' if you go via their website.
http://www.e2save.com/sim-only/contract/vodafone/Pay-Monthly-SIM-Card-on-Vodafone?network=vodafone&tariffcode=TA3OEAUG16&giftcode=DPLR1567735

3G speed is ok.
4G speed is very good.
Customer service, usually crap.

But 8GB for £5.50pm, can't complain about any of that.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I get what you've posted above for £5.50 p/m (after cashback redemption) sim only.
Would you be interested in that, or look to move providers?
Me to at that price. I'm with giffgaff paying £10 p/m with 2gig data, 200 minutes unlimited texts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Excuse my ignorance, I have never done this cashback lark. How does it work?

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/home

Scroll through the product options at the top of the site (after signed up).
Go to mobile/sim providers and find E2Save (the one with the £5.50 deal.
The E2Save site explains how to get your cashback much better than I can - you basically pay £17.00 pm for the deal, send in your bill online every 2 months and they'll pay you £27 odd in return (every 2 months), thus making your contract payment effectively £5.50 pm.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/home

Scroll through the product options at the top of the site (after signed up).
Go to mobile/sim providers and find E2Save (the one with the £5.50 deal.
The E2Save site explains how to get your cashback much better than I can - you basically pay £17.00 pm for the deal, send in your bill online every 2 months and they'll pay you £27 odd in return (every 2 months), thus making your contract payment effectively £5.50 pm.
This. It's all done online, you download the relevant bill from your network and simply upload it to the retailer website you got the deal from. Piece of piss. The only tricky part is remembering when to do it!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Here is what you need to know.

All mobile companies are largely the same, and when something goes wrong they all get it horrifically wrong. I would go for the best deal with the right package and decide if you want carriers only (Vodafone / EE / 3 / O2 etc...) or happy with a broker. I think in my lifetime of having a mobile I have been with them all at least twice now.

I'm currently with Vodafone. 12 Month sim only, 6GB Data, 500 minutes, unlimited text etc.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
[MENTION=27450]KingstonSeagull[/MENTION] do you go away a lot to Europe?

I'm with 3 feel at home package. I'm on a rather pricey contract but I know their sim only deals are good! I get to use my phone for free in about 30 different countries Minutes, texts, data, the lot. Including some outside Europe such as USA, NZ, Aus, Hong Kong etc.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm with talkmobile
30 day rolling contract
500 minutes
5000 texts
2GB data
£7.50 a month
It's all I need well under on all the allowances :)
What is the signal like? I assume it uses Vodafone, o2 or EE network.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here