Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it OK to bet on Brighton going down?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Could have got 4/1 back in October/November! I did have a little look because I think we've been below par since then, and we know our run in is tough.

Southampton are 11/2 for a good reason, they're not going down. Especially if they sign Walcott and/or Sturridge!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not a gambler, only football I've ever bet on was Iceland to beat England, I just knew that was a banker.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Obviously it goes without saying it would be a bet I really don't want to win but you can get 2/1 with most bookies? Tempted?

Anyone inclined to do such a thing would be well advised to consider the 'To Finish Bottom' bet. Currently 12/1. Not studied the run-in of our peer relegation candidates, but very much doubt anyone's got a tougher run-in.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Anyone inclined to do such a thing would be well advised to consider the 'To Finish Bottom' bet. Currently 12/1. Not studied the run-in of our peer relegation candidates, but very much doubt anyone's got a tougher run-in.

That would suggest we are worse than Swansea which clearly we aren't! Good price but I doubt we'll finish rock bottom?

Am still optimistic we could finish above Swansea, Huddersfield, Newcastle & Stoke perhaps.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can't do it.

I bet on us not to get promoted last year when it was 4/1. I saw it as an 'insurance' policy.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Could have got 4/1 back in October/November! I did have a little look because I think we've been below par since then, and we know our run in is tough.

Southampton are 11/2 for a good reason, they're not going down. Especially if they sign Walcott and/or Sturridge!

The Southampton fixtures look good from our perspective and I'm hoping 3 points for us..................

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Southampton could easily go down - they're not very good. In fact, odds for an Albion relegation were more generous than 11/2 barely 2 months ago when we were 8th. The only reason they are as long as 11/2 is because they have £75m for reinforcements, but if they get that recruitment wrong then they are in massive trouble.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Obviously it goes without saying it would be a bet I really don't want to win but you can get 2/1 with most bookies? Tempted?

No. Can bet on Stoke and WBA staying up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely yes. I might even have a tenner on it myself on the basis that I've only ever made 3 Albion related bets and I've lost each time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd say it's very acceptable and we will be favs for the drop in time I'm sure :)
I hope this isn't the case but our strength in depth and lack of goals will send us down :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here