Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Egg
Faces

Comes to mind, this happened last year with the usual ITK crowd, coming on here eager to share their news with a finger to their nose and a smug sentence or two proclaiming the deal was all but done, contract lengths, the works.

I'd say 9/10 of the supposed ITK crowd were wrong last year and they're doing it again. How about you keep the LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME attitude quieter until a deal was signed, because it's really ****ing annoying.

Either that or it's some oh so hilarious joke to stir the pot on here and watch the ensuing binfest that develops.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Egg
Faces

Comes to mind, this happened last year with the usual ITK crowd, coming on here eager to share their news with a finger to their nose and a smug sentence or two proclaiming the deal was all but done, contract lengths, the works.

I'd say 9/10 of the supposed ITK crowd were wrong last year and they're doing it again. How about you keep the LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME attitude quieter until a deal was signed, because it's really ****ing annoying.

Information on the whole is leaked
A. by agents, hoping to get other clubs interested or to hurry a deal along.
B. By the club of targets down their wish list, to let the player they are interested in, know that they have other options, so don't hang about.
C. People at the club who add 2 and 2 and get 5 or hear information through Chinese whispers.
I bet that only a very few people are privy to any potential deals and only when the process is almost over would it maybe leak.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Egg
Faces

9/10 is being generous. We had a huge amount of posters that claimed to be in the know, and got it wrong, time and time again.

Did anyone compile a list of those who got their ITK facts wrong? For example, saying we had approached someone and later finding that they chose somewhere else, is not getting facts wrong - but saying someone has signed a contract, and later finding they hadn't (and didn't join us) is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
L
Egg
Faces

Says the poster who's girlfriends mate who knows a WAG who could be Dunk's missus.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I just found a cutting from the "Argus" dating back to the Muzza transfer saying that Booby Z had received threats from Albion fans back around 2005 when it was rumoured that he was being transferred to Palace from West Ham.

Maybe Bobby Z hasn't forgotten that..

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Hilarious (in an ironic way). Particularly after all the "ITK" posts over the weekend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Egg
Faces

You should read whole threads instead of one or two posts within them. If you had you would see that Bozza put a MASSIVE disclaimer on the info. Zamora is under contract at QPR until June 30 and therefore one of two things could always happen. 1) a gazumping (or "doing a Sammy Lee" as I like to think of it) or 2) that there was one original source telling everyone mischieviously.

I've never claimed to be ITK and you won't find a single attempt at it from me last summer. However, on Saturday morning I was told "we've got Bobby, one year deal" by the same guy who told me we'd get Elliot Bennett on loan. I added it to Bozza's thread rather than starting a new attention seeking thread, making clear it was something I'd heard, as did everyone else who'd heard it until a bit of willy waving on Saturday night.

I'm going to check with my mate but not until the next time I see him and I don't expect he'll necessarily know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Hilarious (in an ironic way). Particularly after all the "ITK" posts over the weekend.

Posts go up with disclaimers - you don't believe them.

Post goes up downgrading confidence in the information - you believe the deal is dead and buried.

That's what's hilarious.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
L

Says the poster who's girlfriends mate who knows a WAG who could be Dunk's missus.

Yea, and? I said I had no idea if it's right, and it was a massive reach, I said all of this in a topic already dedicated to Dunky, no look at me look at me crap, just something I'd heard. Sharing information like "my mate brought up in convo the other day that my mates gf is mates with a WAG who could be Dunks bird, and she said Lewis was not staying at BHA" is very different to "I've just heard news, Zamora is signing for 12 months, I'm breaking the news first" or "I have a very reliable source who has told me BZ is signing, the deals all but done" isn't it? I made a massive reach and I have never posted any rumour of any kind before, these are repeat offenders posting clickbait, it's frustrating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite how so many people, many of them adults, can get their panties in a twist over whether a nearly retired footballer will be able to play less than half the available games next next, is beyond me.

Either he'll resign or he won't, end of.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Quite how so many people, many of them adults, can get their panties in a twist over whether a nearly retired footballer will be able to play less than half the available games next next, is beyond me.

Damn, you're cool. Can I hang out with you please?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yea, and? I said I had no idea if it's right, and it was a massive reach, I said all of this in a topic already dedicated to Dunky, no look at me look at me crap, just something I'd heard. Sharing information like "my mate brought up in convo the other day that my mates gf is mates with a WAG who could be Dunks bird, and she said Lewis was not staying at BHA" is very different to "I've just heard news, Zamora is signing for 12 months, I'm breaking the news first" or "I have a very reliable source who has told me BZ is signing, the deals all but done" isn't it? I made a massive reach and I have never posted any rumour of any kind before, these are repeat offenders posting clickbait, it's frustrating.

LOL.

So the guy who runs this site and needs post views to drive up the advertising revenue that keeps is going can't post stuff with "clickable" thread titles? I suggest you check his track record. Then go and find the repeat offences from me, [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20]granny weatherwax[/MENTION] . You won't The odd thing about the Zamora info was that it was coming from not the usual suspects.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I for one will be booing this uninspiring SINGING.

What happens when he doesn't score in August and September and naturally we don't win in October?

This.

Bloom and Barber clearly know the clubs fan base.

"Right we need to rip them off again"
"FFP"
"That's wearing thin"
"Division 3 cast offs"
"Been there done that"
"I know lets bring an aging, knackered, goal shy club legend back.
The fans will lap it up and forget about everything else"
"Jeeeeez how muggy do you think these mugs are?"

As said before I'd be in over the moon with Bobby's return, along the lines of:-

"As a special treat to the fans, we're adding a bit of experience to our all new, dynamic, young, hungry, attacking front unit...

...heeeerrrreeeeessssss BOBBY"

That's quite a bold statement concerning a player who 'doesn't really like football', and has been unable to play back to back 90 minute games for quite a while.

He also did v Villa followed by Chelsea.

But that's it.

2 sets of back to back games, out of 12 (TWELVE) starts in a 31 game appearance season scoring 3 goals and creating 4 assists.
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/player/5500/bobby-zamora

The previous season in the Championship BZ started 9 (NINE) in 21 appearances scoring just 4.
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=17253&season_id=143

Any other player, with those credentials, commanding the wage he'll be expecting, would have this board in up roar.

I

The players career after the Albion says all you need to know.

Anyone reading this thread could be easily convinced all our ills from last season stem from not having an immobile lump 'up top' who could 'bully' centre halfs, with a bit of Premier League class.

If only that was the case.

That wasn't my intention, as BZ will bring considerable more with him, on and off the pitch. (Jeez only Kemy could bring less)
He'd be great for the club and I'm sure the dressing room.

But I'd be lying if I said 'at no point did that comparison, fleetingly, cross my mind'.

At what cost?

Signing BZ can't be called good or bad business until the window is closed.
Half a dozen signings like the Iranian chap + BZ will send me banzi.

But BUT signings like Gillingham chap because a lot of money has gone on a vanity project will blow up by October.

This post and all those like it are what's troubling me.

The only thing Bobby Zamora has in common with OUR Bobby Zamora is they share the same name.
This blind faith in the past and 1 goal v West Brom is completely ignoring the clear and obvious decline in Bobby's footballing abilities.
Which is there for all to see when looking at games played, goals scored & assists.

I hope you are prepared for the possible huge disappointment felt by your son as he sees one glorious goal in August and half a dozen substitute appearance.
While a bunch of fans, who make Real Madrid supporters look level headed, bay for blood and chant 'what a waste of money'.

I desperately want to be massively wrong, and will genuinely love to have my posts on this thread rammed down my throat in May. (not September)
But there's nothing to suggest that'll happen, and the best we can hope for is a draw between the 2 factions.

At least we can be very confident no other club will steal him away from us, at the 11th hour.

Why be concerned? if all the club can muster is two token part time players Shirley we're better off with nothing.

Put you down as a maybe then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Put you down as a maybe then?

'The players career after the Albion says all you need to know'.
Was in response to the thread, momentarily, going off in a Vincente 'healthy to play' tangent, nothing to do with BZ.

'I desperately want to be massively wrong, and will genuinely love to have my posts on this thread rammed down my throat in May. (not September)
But there's nothing to suggest that'll happen, and the best we can hope for is a draw between the 2 factions'.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Egg
Faces

Have to agree. As soon as one person stated something about BZ loads of others waded in and suddenly said they had heard the same thing? I smell BS, surely you would have posted something if you had head the news. I cannot help that this is loads of wannabe ITK's jumping on a bandwagon. There is probably no more truth to the rumour than guesswork and conjecture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here